3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2017 1:32 PM by Intel Corporation

I cant access Intel Rapid at Boot using X99

Tom_88

I cant access Intel Rapid at Boot using X99. I'd like to create a sec. RAID 1 Vol. But I cannot access it. Ctr-I not helps.

• 1. Re: I cant access Intel Rapid at Boot using X99
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Tom_88,

I would like to check a couple things in order to have a better look at your case, so please respond to the following;

Are you able to access the Ctrl-I menu? What do you mean by "Ctr-I not helps."?

What is the Intel® RST version you have installed?

Just to confirm; is your system set to RAID or AHCI? 

Regards,

Amy.

• 2. Re: I cant access Intel Rapid at Boot using X99
            Tom_88

I used the UEFI BIOS for my 1st Raid volume, which works. I cant access the Ctr-i menu. Version 13.1.0.1058. But happy to established just my 2nd Raid 1 Volume. The reason UEFI did not let me establish another one was, that I connected the HDD's on wrong SATA ports. 6/10 SATA ports support Raid on the X99. Now almost all is fine. But in case of a corrupted Volume, I still would like to find out how to access the I RST at booting.

• 3. Re: I cant access Intel Rapid at Boot using X99
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

The Intel® RST works within the operating system, there is no way to access it during the boot process. On Intel® Boards if you are unable to access Ctrl+I, the method to bypass this situation is the following; Ctrl+I Option to Open RAID Software Does Not Appear. In this case since your chipset is embedded on a third party motherboard, my recommendation is to get in contact with your computer manufacturer in order to get more information on accessing the Ctrl+I. Some computer manufacturers add the Ctrl+I menu to their BIOS so may require a BIOS update access it; however, you would need to get in contact with them to check your options.

Regards,

Amy.