1 2 3 Previous Next 30 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2017 6:27 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel ME IOCAgentLog and other Intel related errors

mville

I am getting these recurring errors in the IOCAgentLog event log:

Source: IOCAgent, Event ID: 0

General: 2017-01-27 14:02:59,952 [38] ERROR ProviderManager.SecurepayBcaProvisioner - Exception during BCA-SGX provisioning

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.

at Intel.Pabe.Factor.SgxProvider.AbortProvision(SgxProvider* , UInt32 )

at BCAXInterface.SgxProvider.Provision(String provisionUrl, String providerUrl)

at ProviderManager.SecurepayBcaProvisioner.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<StartProvisioningAsync>b__0()

I am also getting other Intel related errors:

Source: Service Control Manager, Event ID: 7011

General: A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Intel(R) Online Connect Helper service.

Source: IntelDalJhi, Event ID: 4

General: Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface Service initialization failure - the spooler applet is invalid.

OS is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1607 build 14393.693, MSI Motherboard Intel ME version 11.6.1.1142, Intel MEI driver version 11.6.0.1032.

Please can anyone advise?

• 1. Re: Intel ME IOCAgentLog and other Intel related errors
          mville

Further to my original post above:

I have uninstalled Intel Management Engine Components version 11.6.0.1036, from the Control Panel and rebooted. Windows re-installs the Intel Management Engine Interface and I manually updated the driver in device manager to version 11.6.0.1015.

No more errors in the IOCAgentLog and no more Intel related errors.

So, there seems to be an issue with the Intel Online Connect software component that is getting installed with the Intel Management Engine Components version 11.6.0.1036, currently available from the MSI website for my motherboard.

Please can anyone advise?

• 2. Re: Intel ME IOCAgentLog and other Intel related errors
            SANDMAN24

Hi All,

I am having the exact same problem same error msg from event viewer. Could this error cause your pc to completely freeze when playing games? I have been having this issue for a few weeks now that my pc freeze when playing games and when I go into event viewer to see the error I got before the pc shutsdown this is the one that I find? Please can someone help us resolve this issue its driving me crazy I have reinstalled windows 10 3 times I have even send my cpu for testing as I thought it might be the cpu. I also purchased new motherboard and still getting the freezing and this error in event viewer with couple other errors.

Please any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• 3. Re: Intel ME IOCAgentLog and other Intel related errors
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for letting us know all that information.

It is great to hear that the problem got fixed by installing the management engine driver version: 11.6.0.1015

In regard to your inquiry, I just wanted to let you know that the management engine driver is customizable, which means that MSI has the option to do some changes on it, probably the driver version 11.6.0.1036 had some problems related to Intel® Online Connect software. In order to make sure about that information the best thing to do will be to get in contact with them directly, so they can confirm that:

MSI’s phone number: 1 626-271-1004

https://us.msi.com/about/contact-us

MSI’s support site:

https://us.msi.com/support

The management engine drivers that we have available in our web site are the following:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26482/Intel-Management-Engine-Intel-ME-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kits-NUC7i-x-BN

11.0.6.1194:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26136/Intel-Management-Engine-Driver-5M-for-Windows-7-8-1-and-10-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i5MYHE-and-Intel-NUC-Board-NUC5i5MYBE

Those drivers were release to work with Intel® NUC’s, however you can try to install them on your PC, but if driver version 11.6.0.1015 is working fine then we recommend to keep that version for the PC to work properly.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

• 4. Re: Intel ME IOCAgentLog and other Intel related errors
                Intel Corporation

Hello :

Please submit a new thread in order for us to be able to assist you with the specific problem that your PC has, since the scenario is a little bit different in your case. The problem with the games getting freeze could be related to a different reason, could be related to the graphics driver or another component. By submitting a new thread we can start from scratch in trying to fix the specific problem your PC has and also we will have all the specific documentation in there in the case we need to start an investigation or if we need to replicate the issue.

In the mean time, based on the information provided by , the problem got fixed by installing a different management engine version, so depending on the model of the PC you are using you can always look in the manufacturer's web site for another version of the management engine driver or you can try to install the ones posted above that belong to Intel.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

• 5. Re: Intel ME IOCAgentLog and other Intel related errors
                  SANDMAN24

Hi Alberto

Please could you tell me how to open my own thread here I cant seem to find the right place?

Here is my error thats causing my pc to freeze maybe you can tell me how to resolve this error?

-System

-Provider
                  [ Name] IOCAgent

-EventID0

[ Qualifiers] 0
                  Level2
                  Task0
                  Keywords0x80000000000000
                  -TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-02-03T20:10:15.675325400Z
                  EventRecordID566
                  ChannelIOCAgentLog
                  ComputerDESKTOP-C30NU1C
                  Security
                  -EventData

2017-02-03 22:10:15,581 [6] ERROR ProviderManager.SecurepayBcaProvisioner - Exception during BCA-SGX provisioning System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'api.intelsa.intel.com' at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at BCAXInterface.SgxRestInterface.GetDataFromBackEnd(String endPoint) at BCAXInterface.SgxRestInterface.GetSecretInfo(String server_url) at BCAXInterface.SgxProvider.Provision(String provisionUrl, String providerUrl) at ProviderManager.SecurepayBcaProvisioner.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<StartProvisioningAsync>b__0() ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'api.intelsa.intel.com' at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---<---

Regards

Bernard

• 6. Re: Intel ME IOCAgentLog and other Intel related errors
                    Intel Corporation

Hello :

Sure, no problem at all, in order to try to find a possible solution for this problem what we recommend is to install the latest version of the chipset and management engine drivers and also to try a BIOS update.

Since you also re-installed Windows and the problem persists, then please submit your inquiry in our developer zone, in there you will find further peers assistance and suggestions to try to find a possible way to fix this problem.

To :

If after trying the steps above the problem persists, then please also post your inquiry on the following link for our developer zone, you just need to login to be able to submit the forum, please look for that option:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-many-integrated-core

Regards

Alberto

• 7. Re: Intel ME IOCAgentLog and other Intel related errors
                      mville

Alberto

The problem does NOT persist, if I install and update the Intel MEI driver only. Currently, I am running Intel MEI driver v.11.6.0.1042.

The problem occurs (IOCAgentLog event log errors) if I install the driver, along with the additional software. This package is made available for download, on the MSI website.

So, I assume the errors relate to the Intel MEI additional software components. I am not entirely sure whether I need the additional software or what the software does.

Please advise? TIA

• 8. Re: Intel ME IOCAgentLog and other Intel related errors
                        Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for providing those details.

In order to further assist you we will do further research on this matter.

Could you please provide the link where you are able to download the package?

What is the model of the motherboard?

What is the model of the processor?

Is the board using the latest BIOS version?

Regards

Alberto

• 9. Re: Intel ME IOCAgentLog and other Intel related errors
                          mville

Alberto

The driver+software package is downloaded from the MSI website here:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z170-A-PRO.html#down-driver&Win10 64

Motherboard is the MSI Z170-A PRO running the latest MSI BIOS, with an Intel Core i7-6700 3.40GHz cpu.

• 10. Re: Intel ME IOCAgentLog and other Intel related errors
                            Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for providing that information.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience, but I downloaded the Management Engine file 11.6.0.1036, and I did not get the option to install the Intel® Online Connect software, when I extract the files this are the folder I got:

IntelMEFWVer.dll
                            KB2685811-32
                            KB2685811-64
                            Mup
                            SetupME

Are you getting more options when you extract the files?

If I use KB2685811-64 it says it is a standalone software, is that the one you installed?

Did you check with MSI directly about this software?

I was looking for it in our web site but it is not showing?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Regards

Alberto

• 11. Re: Intel ME IOCAgentLog and other Intel related errors
                              mville

Alberto

You run the SetupME.exe and that installs the driver and all other software automatically.

• 12. Re: Intel ME IOCAgentLog and other Intel related errors
                                Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

I ran the SetupME.exe and there was no Intel® Online Connect software installed, maybe you get that option when you use an MSI board.

Now, we will do further research on this matter, but before we can do that, is it possible for you to provide a screenshot of when you are using that software, or from control panel from the “Programs and Features” option?

Regards

Alberto

• 13. Re: Intel ME IOCAgentLog and other Intel related errors
                                  mville

Alberto

What I did was download the latest driver+software package for my motherboard from the MSI website and installed it. A reference to the installed software did appear in the Programs and Features control panel.

I did not knowingly use the software and as I stated earlier, I do not know what the software is used for. I assume that something related to my motherboard and Intel ME was using the software and I was getting errors in the system event log, hence my post here.

To fix these errors, I uninstalled the software (inc. the driver) from the Programs and Features control panel and restarted my system. On reboot, Windows 10 automatically installs a driver for the Intel MEI, without the additional software and I no longer get errors in the system event log. As a result there are now no references to the software and so I cannot provide screenshots.

• 14. Re: Intel ME IOCAgentLog and other Intel related errors
                                    Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for sharing that information.

No problem at all, we actually wanted to confirm that information to answer your question about what the software does, we found some information stating that it seems to be related to servers applications, but we wanted the screenshots to confirm that and to let you know if you can un-install it or if it is needed on the PC, as you mentioned it seems to be related to your motherboard, the Intel® ME and the software.

Since the PC is working fine now that it is not installed in that case you can keep it that way, there are some applications or programs that are not really needed, but at the same time they provide some advantages or features that are helpful, that is why we were doing a research on this particular software since it is not showing in our download web site.

It is great to hear that the PC is working with no problems and that is no longer showing errors on the event log.

If by any chance you have another inquiry or further assistance, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards

Alberto

1 2 3 Previous Next