1 of 1 people found this helpful
I would gather more information in regard to your system, this will help me to address it in the most accurate way. So, please respond to the following;
Provide your operating system.
Provide the name of the software that you are using. I know you added it your input, but when I translated it the name is not clear.
Provide your computer model.
Здравствуйте Эми.Спасибо,что откликнулись на мою просьбу. Отвечаю на ваши вопросы: 1) Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64 bit. 2) Intel(R)HD Graphics Family Driver Version: 220.127.116.117 Processor Graphics in Use: Intel(R)HD Graphics 3000 3)Модель компьютера: Fujitsu ESPRIMO FH 77/DD.
This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation1 of 1 people found this helpful
Thank you for the information.
Please try the following in order to update your current driver, let's try by uninstalling the current one;
- Open the Device Manager, in Windows 7: Click Start > Run, type: devmgmt.msc
- Expand the Display Adapters section.
- Find the Intel Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
- Right click Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
- Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
- Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
Then install the following driver version Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8-64-bit with these steps;
- Login with administrator privileges
- Open Control Panel
- Open Device Manager
- Click on "Display adapters"
- Double click "Intel HD Graphics"
- Click on the "Driver" tab
- Click on "Update Driver" button
- Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
- Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
- Click on "Have Disk" button
- Click "Browse"
- Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to
- Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder
- Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS
- Click "OK"
- Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.
- If successful, click "Close", Reboot.
If the issue persists, please let me know the name of the game/software. We would need to look into the requirements and check if your computer meets them.