12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2017 6:21 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC6i7KYK bluetooth dissappeared

Necros4

Yesterday morning when I booted up my NUC, my Bluetooth mouse wasn't working, and when I checked settings in Windows 10, Bluetooth setting were completely missing. I checked Device Manager to see what is happening, but there also were no Bluetooth, only if "Show hidden devices".

I read on the Internet that uninstalling Bluetooth device in Device Manager and reboot would help, and Windows will install it again and it will be working, but when I did it and rebooted, there was absolutely no Bluetooth, even in hidden devices. Trying to install Bluetooth drivers (and removing, and then installing, or repairing) doesn't help. My BIOS drivers are up to date.

How can I return Bluetooth working? Thank you.

P.S. Also lots of drivers not installing

• 1. Re: NUC6i7KYK bluetooth dissappeared
          Hdowin

This just happened to me too NUC5I5RYH. Updated to latest Bluetooth driver from Intel's site. So Bluetooth is enabled in Device manager, but is totally missing from Devices and system tray. Discovered problem when logitech bluetooth keyboard stopped working.

• 2. Re: NUC6i7KYK bluetooth dissappeared
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello :

Even though you mentioned you already try to install the Bluetooth drivers again, please try the following:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26121/Intel-Bluetooth-Technology-Based-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-8-1-for-Intel-NUC6i-x-SY-and-NUC6i7KYK?product=89187

If that one does not work please try the following:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26510/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-Software-for-Windows-10?product=86068

Just to make sure, the BIOS version that you have is it 0042?

Did you try to pair the Bluetooth mouse from scratch?

The Intel® driver update is not always that accurate when it comes to drivers updates, that is why we recommend to install the drivers manually, on this link you will be able to see all the drivers for the NUC:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/89187/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC6i7KYK

Please let me know the results of trying the steps above.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

• 3. Re: NUC6i7KYK bluetooth dissappeared
              Necros4

Thanks for reply, but it didn't help. Actually I already have this version of Bluetooth drivers.

Sketch.png

For the second driver you sent me link to, it upgraded successfully, but nothing happened with Bluetooth. As for other drivers, all install successfully if manually, but update utility don't think so. And when I go to see driver version in device manager, it also says they are not updated.

I hope it can not be that Bluetooth is somehow physically not working?

• 4. Re: NUC6i7KYK bluetooth dissappeared
                Intel Corporation

Hello :

Do you have the option to use a different Bluetooth mouse?

Did you try to install this chipset driver?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26330/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-for-Intel-NUC?product=89187

Is the BIOS version on the NUC 0042?

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

• 5. Re: NUC6i7KYK bluetooth dissappeared
                  Necros4

I don't have another Bluetooth mouse, but I have Bluetooth headphones, and they also not working because Bluetooth settings and devices completely missing.

Yes, my BIOS version is 0042.

I tried installing this Chipset driver many times but it didn't really installing. According to the logs, installation is reverting to repair somehow.

• 6. Re: NUC6i7KYK bluetooth dissappeared
                    Necros4

Very interesting. When I was playing Watch Dogs 2 suddenly all stopped, music started lagging, and no reaction to mouse or keyboard. When I rebooted, Bluetooth somehow returned.

• 7. Re: NUC6i7KYK bluetooth dissappeared
                      JohnHWman

Hello Intel,

I'm also a user of the NUK6i7KYK2 and yesterday evening, my bluetooth suddenly stop working exactly as described by Necros4. Like him, I tried to desactivate and reactivate BT (toggle switch in Win10) and then, the bluetooth menu completely dissapears from Windows 10 !

I losted my BT mouse (Logitech) and BT keyboard (microsoft).

I tried removing and reinstalling the last Intel BT driver version (19.11.1639.0649) + reboot without retreiving the BT feature from windows 10

I also tried to install last ".inf" version from Intel server without inprovement on the issue...

My Bios is last (up to date) version too. I couldn't understand why this issue occurs since I've been using BT from several months (each day use) without any issue until yesterday.

Please advise what I can do to retreive the input devices of my PC

Jean

• 8. Re: NUC6i7KYK bluetooth dissappeared
                        Intel Corporation

Hello :

Yes, very interesting indeed.

It is great to hear that the Bluetooth feature is working fine again.

Please let me know if you need further assistance on this matter.

To :

If you tried the steps provided on this thread and the issue persists, then the next step to do will be to un-install and re-install Windows from scratch, make sure to back up the important information before you do that.

If the problem persists after that, could you please submit a new thread? This is because we might need to start an investigation on your specific case and every scenario is different even if the same product is being used,
                        So, even if your problem is the same, by starting a new thread, we can actually get a better scenario of the problem, and also we will be able to provide a better and more accurate solution in order to fix the NUC or in case it needs to be replaced.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards

Alberto

• 9. Re: NUC6i7KYK bluetooth dissappeared
                          JohnHWman

Hello Alberto,

FYI, I've finaly decided to follow Amy's 6 steps suggestion on the thread : Re: NUC6i7KYK Bluetooth yellow bang dated on 4 oct. 2016 08:22 and after Windows 10 restart, I've recovered the BT feature within Windows 10

--> I've completely uninstalled the Intel BT driver version (19.11.1639.0649) for the BT devices list !

I checked my Microsoft BT keyboard and it was working fine again ! Not my Logitech MX master...

Then, I've lauched the Peripheral device manager and openned the BT branch to remove my Logitech MX Master mouse item yellow error, then do repairing it through the Windows BT devices manager and my two BT peripherals were online again and working fine !!

I did NOT re-installed the Intel "BT_19.11.1639_64_Win10" driver but all is working fine without it

I assume that something is going wrong with this Intel 19.11.1639.0649 device driver version  I suggest to search on this path for Intel software team !

With kind regards

Jean

• 10. Re: NUC6i7KYK bluetooth dissappeared
                            Intel Corporation

Hello:

Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that after following the steps provided by Amy on that other thread the issue got fixed and now the Bluetooth feature on the NUC is working fine.

Sure, I will send your suggestion to the proper department so they can verify your feedback on this matter.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

To :

You can also try those same steps in order to try to fix the problem and please let me know the results.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

• 11. Re: NUC6i7KYK bluetooth dissappeared
                              Necros4

Hello, if the problem returns I'll try. For now all working fine, thanks.

• 12. Re: NUC6i7KYK bluetooth dissappeared
                                Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you for letting us know that information.

Perfect, no problem at all, it is great to hear that everything is working fine now.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards

Alberto