This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
Thank you for contacting the Intel community.
What is the temperature you get?
What is the memory part number you have?
Do you have the latest BIOS drivers, you can download them here:
Downloads for Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK
Is the unit overclock somehow? Please run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool
The purpose of the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool is to verify the functionality of an Intel® Microprocessor. The diagnostic checks for brand identification, verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features, and performs a stress test on the processor.
I will appreciate if you could attach your system information, please follow the steps how to do it:
Intel SSU (System Support Utility) https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility:
Download Intel® System Support Utility
- Download the utility
- Run the exe and select ‘Scan’
- Save and include as an attachment in the Intel Community Forum
- Click on the “Start Menu” -> Type “DxDiag” -> Press “Enter” -> Wait for the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to finish loading
- In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click “Save All Information” -> Save the file DxDiag.txt
- Include DxDiag.txt as an attachment in the Intel Community Forum
I have the exact same setup as the NUC6i7KYK unit is sitting on top of the cooling pad and it freeze every 4-6 hours. It will help but not my case
Binh, your issue is not the result of overheating. As you have been told, your memory is incompatible.