4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2017 12:41 PM by Intel Corporation

Battery Issues

Freeeasy

So I just came back after letting my laptop charge and it won't turn on. the light and side LED lights turn on but the screen doesn't. I did some research online and t said to remove the battery and "reset" it. But there are no guides for my specific laptop and i don't want to damage anything. I have an Alienware 17 R4 that i got at the end of 2016 and there are 7 screws in the back to dislodge the back panel, but when i try  to open the panel it feels very tight and i don't want to damage anything. The middle top screw as there are three on the left and right side, one in the top middle won't come out bt it is loose. Yet i still can't pull it off and don't want to unless i know it won't damage my laptop. If someone could help me fiz this issue that would be great

• 1. Re: Battery Issues
          Al Hill

Contact the manufacturer's support site for assistance.

Doc

• 2. Re: Battery Issues
            Freeeasy

Ok, so i got the back panel off after looking more on youtube than google, now i just need to find out which component is the battery

• 3. Re: Battery Issues
              Al Hill

Get the product's manuals from the manufacturer's support site for more information.

This is not an Intel issue.

Doc

• 4. Re: Battery Issues
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello:

Thank you very much to for the information posted above.

To :

I just wanted to let you know that all the information available or supported in our forums or other departments is related to Intel products. In this case you are using an Alienware laptop, and in that case in order to find out how to open the laptop the best thing to do will be to get in contact with manufacturer, and also for further technical or warranty support, since they might have different troubleshoot steps to fix this problem and also they should have the specifications about the battery on the laptop since they build it, also there is a possibility that the laptop will need to be replaced and in that case they can always assist you with that.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto