6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2017 2:30 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel Matrix Storage Console

joporr

I ran the Intel Matrix Storage Console and got this message:

-Plug in failed to load. The Intel Matrix Storage Console was unable to load a page for the following reasons:

-a plug-in did not provide a page for the selected device

And it showed this alert: The Serial ATA plug-in failed to load because the driver is not installed correctly

How can I correct this problem?

My system is

On a HP Desktop with motherboard  made by ASUS: IPIBL-LB- Benicia  

Running WINDOWS10

I am NOT very experienced

Thanks to anyone who can help

• 1. Re: Intel Matrix Storage Console
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello :

In regard to your inquiry, remember that the Intel® Matrix Storage Console was design to build a RAID configuration.

Are you trying to create a RAID on your PC?

Also, since you are using Windows® 10, there is a newer tool that has the same function but that is fully compatible with Windows® 10:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26361/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver?product=55005

If you are trying to create a RAID configuration, then there are some details that need to be checked, so please let me know if that is what you need to do.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

• 2. Re: Intel Matrix Storage Console
            joporr

Hi Alberto

Thanks for your prompt response

I had seen the program you suggest: Intel Matrix Storage Console 8.9.1023

I tried but got this error message:

"The SERIAL ATA plugin failed to load, because the driver us not installed correctly

The IMSC was unable to load a page for the following reasons:

- a plug in did not provide a page for the selected device"

I have no idea how to solve this.

At any rate, let me ask:

1. if a hard disk is set as RAID, if I go to Control-i, can I change it to non-RAID? would I lose all the data in it?

2. I have a Seagate hard disk that had been set as RAID from factory

Now it gives a SMART error saying it is about to fail

I got a SSD disk, which I installed as a non-RAID, I used Acronis to clone m failing hard disk

I rebooted selecting the SSD as a boot drive. Everything seemed to work fine

Then I removed the Seagate, then when it books up, it HANGS. This is is corrected if I put back in the Seagate

How can I correct this anomaly?

Thanks for your help

Joseph

• 3. Re: Intel Matrix Storage Console
              Intel Corporation

Hello :

You are welcome.

Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

According to our information the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager V8.9.0.1023 is not fully compatible with Windows® 10, as you can confirm on the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/17762/Intel-R-Matrix-Storage-Manager-V8-9-0-1023

That is why I gave you the link to install the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology since it is fully compatible with Windows® 10.

In regard to your first question, if you are using a RAID 1 configuration, you will not lose the information by setting the hard drive to Non-Raid. If you are using any other RAID configuration that is not RAID 1, you will lose all the information from the hard drive.

About your second inquiry, not sure if you tried this already, but since when you are using the Seagate drive you get the SMART error, that means the hard drive might have an error, so, what e can try is to set the Seagate hard drive to Non-Raid then clone the information to the SSD and then connect the SSD to the PC in order to try to fix the problem of the PC getting freeze.

Please let me know the results of trying the steps above.

Regards

Alberto

• 4. Re: Intel Matrix Storage Console
                Intel Corporation

Hello :

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards

Alberto

• 5. Re: Intel Matrix Storage Console
                  joporr

Hi Alberto

Thanks for keeping up on this issues

1. -I installed the RAID windows-10 compatible driver and my system would HANG on booting

I restored back my system so it would boot up normally, then reinstalled it again. It again hanged

After I restored again, I read the README file. It says it is incompatible with certain INTEL chips. I ran the INTEL CHIP IDENTIFIER  utility but it would not run in my system, so I do not know what INTEL chip I have

Also in the README file it says what INTEL PROCESSORS the WINDOWS-10 RAID driver is compatible with and it includes many but not the INTEL CORE   QUAD, which is the one in my system.

In summary, I am using the RAID driver  that came with my HP DESKTOP, and it seems to at least boot up.

2-I tried to learn what RAID system is my desktop running but it is hard to see whether it was originally set from factory as RAID-0 or RAID-1. And I do not dare to set up a RAID volume or to select a NON-RAID-VOLUME, because I do not

want to erase anything accidentally.

3.-I set my system to boot from the SSD. But I noticed that after a reboot it goes back to boot from the Seagate disk that was reported as failing. So I removed the failing disk

4-when I was trying to set up the SSD drive, I had an option at BIOS to set it as IDE (which my system does not have the connectors for), or as AHCI.  I tried setting it for AHCI but my system would not boot. So I had to set the BIOS to RAID, then it would boot up

5-Finally, about the SMART failure warning. I looked for a way to deactivate SMART in BIOS but could not find it. The only way it would be deactivated was to remove the failing Seagate drive so that BIOS would not find it on booting.

6.-I then connected the failing drive through a USB port and it seems to be working normally without any warnings about impending failure.6.-Also by using the Seagate through a USB port, now the systems boots up without stopping during BOOT and forcing me to select either F10 to SETUP or F2 to CONTINUE

So, I am frustrated at how complex it all is but HAPPY that my system appears to be working

Thanks again for your help

• 6. Re: Intel Matrix Storage Console
                    Intel Corporation

Hello :

You are welcome.

Thank you very much for letting us know that information, we really appreciate you took the times to sharing those details, I am sure this report will be very helpful for all the peers viewing this thread.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that you are happy and the computer is working fine again with the RAID mode, as you mentioned above the process is complex but we are glad to know that at the end everything is working fine.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards

Alberto