Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

i5 2320 blocked at 1.56 GHz .... help me please

MThon
Beginner

Hello everybody,

I have an intel i5 2320 which must be rated at 3GHz but mine is rated at 1.56 GHz so it never exceed 50% of his capacity. I've an asrock b75 pro 3 motherboard.

I 've searched on the bios, disabled intel speedstep but no changes. I've done an intel diagnostic and no problem found again...

I don't know what to, somes pictures in ads maybe could help you

Thank's to dedicating time to help me

Max

0 Kudos
15 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello maxtho,

What are the tasks that you are running in the background?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MThon
Beginner

Hello Amy,

Thank's you to help me but i mean that in charge ( when i play a game for example) my processor never exceed 1.56 GHz even if i've intel turbo boost technology enabled. To answer at your question I've chrome, utorrent and many little prosessus.

My prossecor is always rated at 1.56 GHz but he must increase to 3GHz in charge no ?

Best regards,

Max

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The frequency will vary depending on the tasks that you are running, see mine for example;

It is completely expected for it to be like that since I am not running CPU intensive tasks, if I were running more tasks that frequency should go up. Just to confirm; does your frequency vary or is always fixed at 1.56 GHz?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MThon
Beginner

I totally agree with you, my frequency vary but never exceed 1.56 GHz as if it can't go up further

Best regards,

Max

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Max, since you ran the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and the report came back fine, I can diagnose your processor as healthy. You could try running some CPU intensive tasks and your frequency should go up. I can recommend running Prime95 although is a third-party tool it should help to stress the processor and take the frequency higher.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MThon
Beginner

Here is a screeshot of the test, you can see the frequency is always at 1.59 GHz :/

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the screenshot.

What is you BIOS version?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MThon
Beginner

My bios version is P1.90

Best regards,

Max

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Seems like your BIOS is update to date, there are no more versions available from http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B75%20Pro3/?cat=Download&os=BIOS ASRock > B75 Pro3. Is there any chance you swap parts? Try testing a different motherboard or a different processor on your motherboard.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Were you able to swap parts? Is it a possibility for you?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MThon
Beginner

Yes, sorry for non-responding I ordered a simple Intel Pentium g620 to test my motherboard.

Best regards

Max

0 Kudos
MThon
Beginner

Here is the result, so the processor is always at 1.59 GHz, the frequency never vary So i suppose it's my motherboard the problem ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Max, getting that processor was an excellent idea!

Now, you have confirmed that there is something going on with your motherboard. Two compatible processors and the same results, this definitely indicates that the motherboard has some kind of conflict. Have you contacted ASUS in regard to this matter?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MThon
Beginner

Why Asus ? is asrock a trademark from asrock ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, so sorry; I meant ASRock.

Have you contacted them?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos