Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

I3-7100U video driver problem

IMatk
Beginner

Hello,

I've buy laptop Acer Aspire F5-771G-30HP

there is Intel Core I3-7100U with Intel Graphic and Nvidia GTX 950 M.

After installing Windows 10 and drivers its impossible to look on picture on screen due to high contrast (in 20 minutes I've feel pain in eyes) .

At the Intel panel default setting gives me 50% of contrast. But minimum possible to adjust only 40%, no way to put less.

Nvidia video driver don't have any settings, but anyway on forums I found that at Windows you can use only Intel graphic adaptor, Nvidia only for 3D programs.

The problem is in Intel driver because if I remove intel driver and install standard Microsoft driver, picture become normal with good contrast, BUT with that situation I cannot adjust brightness, its look like brightness connected with intel driver.

When I buy laptop there was Linux, but windows 10 supported. But when I contacted Acer they said: you buy with Linux, Its not our problem that its not working normal with Windows 10, its problem of producer of components.

Can you advice me any suggestions how to decrease brightness?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IMatk
Beginner

If Mictorsoft driver- brightness option NOT available,

if Intel driver - brightness option available, but problems with CONTRAST.

Anyway laptop should work with Intel driver normal, that's for what I paid money..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello taurenx,

Could you please let us know the driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

As mentioned before, you should be able to change the brightness from the operating system. What is the Windows® 10 build version you have installed?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/110491 taurenx, I am following up your thread.

If you need further assistance let us know

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos