Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors

SRCSATAWB

idata
Employee

Hi

I've just built a small server based on S3420GPLC 2 Seagate SAS drives and 4 Intel SSD X-25-M drives. Everything is inside a SC5650BRP case connected through a Intel SRCSATAWB and axx6drv3g drive backplane expander.

Now when controller is booting is showing me that "SAS drives were detected but this controller does not support SAS drives"

My question is: Is there anyway that I can make this controller work properly with SAS drives? Any RAID configuration including those 2 SAS drives will be stable? What can I do to disable that message?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Unfortunately, that message is pretty literal. Even if you got it to work for a little bit, your data is not going to be stable on that kind of setup.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

crisu_b,

The SRCSATAWB is a SATA only controller. It's not compatible with SAS disk drives. The SRCSASRB would be an equivalent SAS RAID controlller. The SAS controllers wiil work with both SAS and SATA disks.

John

0 Kudos