1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2017 8:07 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel HD Graphics 530 - Poor performance 4K

bogdanstoik

Hello,

I have a 4k display Acer Aspire VN7-592G, with a Core i7-6700HQ and a GeForce GTX 960M (Exact configuration HERE). Unfortunately I am experiencing low performance when using the integrated HD 530 to run some 2d applications, like Excel. For example, resizing the columns or the rows crawls at about 5-6 fps. If I switch to the high performance 960M (using the context menu > run with graphics processor > high performance) there are no issues. The same problems can also be observed during some desktop animations and overall user interface experience.

The issues I am experiencing seem to be similar to those described in another post, Intel HD Graphics 530 - Poor performance 4K . QuGhZx actually posted a very relevant video.

I have tried different driver versions, none of which made any improvements. Could this mean that the 530 can't handle 4K? Does anyone know more about this? Is it a driver issue? Any help is appreciated!

I am attaching the output from System Support Utility.

1 2 Previous Next