12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2017 9:48 AM by Intel Corporation

NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - Iris Pro Graphics 580 - (Code 43) Windows 10 Error driver

Somenzi

Hi there,

I have a issue with my NUC. I did everything trying to solve it and I'am not able yet. So please someone help me.

I bought the Intel NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK 3 months ago. And I was using it as my personal computer. No games. No overload.

Some days ago, I don't remember the exact moment. The Iris Pro 580 driver shown stoped in the device manager.

Since that day, I am trying to install it downloading directly from Intel the last driver and using the Intel Driver Update Utility 2.6.

Both, cannot solve my issue.

When I try to install manually deleting all driver files and selecting manually, I got the follow error: (Code 43)

__Somenzi_757.jpg

Please someone help me.

• 1. Re: NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - Iris Pro Graphics 580 - (Code 43) Windows 10 Error driver
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Somenzi,

I will be more than glad to assist you with your matter.

I would like to confirm some details:

1. Have you made any installation besides Driver Update Utility 2.6?
          2. Have you uninstalled any program or driver before you saw the issue?
          3. Do you see this issue when you connect a device to your NUC?

Once that you reply with this details I will continue working in order to help you with your concern.

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Best regards,
          Angie 

• 2. Re: NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - Iris Pro Graphics 580 - (Code 43) Windows 10 Error driver
            Somenzi

Hi Angie, Thank you in advance.

1. Yes. When I tried to fix the issue with D.U.U 2.6 and it don't fix. I tried manually.

2. I don't know the exact moment that the issue was created. I install and uninstall some softwares each month.

3. No. The issue appear to not be related to any device/hardware connect to NUK, I did some tests but they don't change anything.

I did some other deep tries that don't active success, as:

a. Update the BIOS.

b. Uninstall some softwares that could corrupt the system. Don't

c. Install a software to try to fix the Windows registers.

d. For 3 times try to use D.U.U 2.6 to fix the issue.

I always get the same issue code 43.

I am sending as image some steps by steps that I did trying to solve the issue:

code_43_one.jpg

Another try, no trying to uninstall - First row: trying to uninstall doing a restart. And second row without restart. Nothing change.

__Somenzi_7622.jpg

Another try, now with D.U.U 2.6... nothing change...

__Somenzi_76222.jpg

Thanks for any help.

• 3. Re: NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - Iris Pro Graphics 580 - (Code 43) Windows 10 Error driver
              Gize2

Uninstall the driver(s) for your Iris 580 first.

Use Control Panel to remove the graphics package, restart.

Check Device Manager to see if your Iris 580 redetected.  If it did, check Control Panel to see if there is still an 'Intel Graphics' listing there, if there is, uninstall again.  If there is no listing in Control Panel for 'Intel Graphics', uninstall the Iris 580 from Device Manager and REMOVE the driver (checkbox).

Repeat until you have a Microsoft Basic Graphics device where your Iris 580 was listed.

Reinstall the new driver:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26480/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kits-NUC7i-x-BN

(I know it says for NUC7*, but it contains support for Iris Pro 580).

• 4. Re: NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - Iris Pro Graphics 580 - (Code 43) Windows 10 Error driver
                Somenzi

Hi Gize2, thanks for help.

I tried follow your orientations, but no success.

I used the Control Panel to remove the package and I restarted.

When I back, the Iris Pro exclamation signal yet was there. So I tried to uninstall manually directly in the Device Manager, deleting all files related with the driver. I restarted as recommended. And when I back to check. Yet. The driver Iris Pro.... yet appear there with the issue code 43. I tried this 10 times.

When I tried without restart the Driver desapear for a while. But after I click in "scan for hardware changes" it comeback named as Iris Pro.... Exclamation point...

I tried to install the driver that you send. It install normal, I restart, but when I go in device manager the issue keep there.

I yet tried to manually install your driver, entering in the device manager and selecting the igdlh64.inf file in /graphics folder. No success.

I guess that I will reinstall windows from scratch. Maybe it could solve this issue.

Images, uninstall the Intel Graphics Driver... package...

__Somenzi_836.jpg

When It restarted it yet live there....

__Somenzi_853.jpg

So, I tried to Uninstall the driver manually, deleting all files related with it. I restarted and yet the driver appear as the image above. I did it many times.......

As it don't success. I try to uninstall without restart. To see how it behave.., so for a while this stay as follow image....

__Somenzi_858.jpg

But When I click in scan for hardware changes...... it back to be Iris Pro......

__Somenzi_853.jpg

It happen even windows configured to not associate driver automatically.

__Somenzi_857.jpg

I guessing that it could be some hardware issue with NUC graphic controller or a some bad registry issue in windows.

Thanks for all. Awaiting further advice

• 5. Re: NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - Iris Pro Graphics 580 - (Code 43) Windows 10 Error driver
                  Gize2

In your picture, the last screenshot on the first row shows a number of drivers installed for your Iris Pro:  https://communities.intel.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-448727-332585/code_43_one.jpg

Since three drivers were there to begin with, it takes three uninstalls / redetections from device manager to remove them all.

Once you reach a point where Windows only detects the 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', install the newest driver.

I'm thinking through all your driver installs, something has gotten crossed up from one driver to another.

Somenzi wrote:

I guess that I will reinstall windows from scratch. Maybe it could solve this issue.

Yes, it could.

• 6. Re: NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - Iris Pro Graphics 580 - (Code 43) Windows 10 Error driver
                    Intel Corporation

Gize2, thanks for your assistance.

To: Somenzi,

Hello Somenzi,

Could you please try to install Windows from scratch as it was suggested by Gize2? Then, please follow the installation order for your drivers that is suggested at the following link:

Driver Installation Order*

*After the INF driver, please do not forget to install the Intel® Management Engine driver.

Downloads (Drivers) for Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK

Please let me know how it goes in order to further assist you if required.

Best regards,
                    Angie

• 7. Re: NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - Iris Pro Graphics 580 - (Code 43) Windows 10 Error driver
                      Rwashington

Some users won't be able to go through the process of a full reinstall.  There are some drivers that will auto reinstall if they are still in the driverstore.  You may be able to utilize Rapr which will allow you to uninstall the drivers that are stored in windows, but if you are going to do this I would recommend you unplug from the internet first as you don't want windows update automatically grabbing the latest driver it wants to. 

DriverStore Explorer [RAPR] - Home

The following link explains how to utilize the tool to remove old and unwanted drivers from the windows driverstore.

DriverStore Explorer [RAPR] - Documentation

• 9. Re: NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - Iris Pro Graphics 580 - (Code 43) Windows 10 Error driver
                        Somenzi

Thanks! I ASAP, I come back with the results.

• 10. Re: NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - Iris Pro Graphics 580 - (Code 43) Windows 10 Error driver
                          Intel Corporation

Hello Somenzi,

I was reviewing this thread and I was wondering if you were able to resolve the issue.

Please don't hesitate in replying to this post if you need further assistance.

Regards,
                          Juan Carlos

• 11. Re: NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - Iris Pro Graphics 580 - (Code 43) Windows 10 Error driver
                            Somenzi

hi everybody, I discovered what was the issue.

I hope this could help someone, when make the same mistake as me.

Some time ago, before I see the driver issue in device manager (as detailed above) I entered in the Intel NUC Bios to see the settings. And I changed a setting in the video tab. So, after this I do not noticed changes and I forgot this change there.

So, I did a lot of attempts to solve it as everybody saw above.

After realize my backup, reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, and reinstall all drivers. Nothing changed and issue remained in the device manager. =O  $@#%$@#%

Firstly, I thought that I had a real hardware issue in my video card. And to avoid to send to Warranty, I kept trying solve it.

So, after enter into Bios I saw the **** error that I did months ago. I changed the "IGD Minimum Memory" from 32MB to 512MB. Thinking that I could do it, because I have a lot of memory remaining (32GB). This caused the issue. The driver of Iris Pro do not was able to identify the controller as Iris Pro 580, and caused the Issue code 43 (hardware issue).

So, after back to IGD to 32MB, and restart, everything worked as brand new.

Thanks for everyone trying to help-me with this newbie issue. Be careful when changing something in the BIOS.

irispro.jpg

• 12. Re: NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - Iris Pro Graphics 580 - (Code 43) Windows 10 Error driver
                              Intel Corporation

Hello Somenzi,

I am glad to know you were able to solve the issue and for sharing the solution.

Hopefully, this will be helpful for other peers.

Don't hesitate in replying to this post if you need further assistance.

Regards,
                              Juan Carlos