Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Marker Image Sample is missing?

mkrau4
Beginner

At the sdk https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/index.html?doc_scan_marker_tracking.html page noted the path where I can take a marker image sample.

But I cannot find it anywhere. Is it missed? Or where I need to take a look?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The specified location for the file in the documentation is a bit short. The default location for it, unless you specified a different location to install the SDK, is:

C: / Program Files (x86) > Intel > RSSDK > data / 3dscan

It is likely a short address is given in the documentation precisely because they know that not everyone will install the SDK at the default location, and so they start the address from the point that they know it will be the same for everyone (i.e 'data' onwards).

0 Kudos
mkrau4
Beginner

Hi MartyG,

but I don't see the 'data' folder in there.

Is that possible that I don't have installed some package? or we have a different SDK versions...

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I am using the R2 SDK. My directory listing is the same as yours, except I also have Contrib and Data folders, whereas yours does not.

The contents of the missing Data folder are (a) some images used in the Sample Browser application, and (b) the 3dscan_marker PNG that you are missing. So I will attach the missing PNG to this message for you to download to your computer.

I don't see a way to attach a file, so what I will do is insert the image. You can then download it to your computer by right-clicking on it in your browser and selecting the 'Save Image As' option.

0 Kudos
mkrau4
Beginner

I'm using 2016R3 SDK. And maybe that's the reason of difference. Devs just forgot to include to distrib package.

The great thanks for the image! I was looking for it for a while.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

R3 is a significant departure in structure from the previous SDKs. It splits it into optional modules instead of everything being in a single large package. 3d Scan is one of these optional components that is no longer in the main module. So it is probable that the missing files are installed once one installs the 3D Scan module.

If you want to install the 3D Scan module, please visit the SDK download page and scroll down to the 'Essentials' module in the "SDK Components Download" section of the page. The 3D Scan module is listed a couple of rows below this.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download

Good luck, and please comment in the forum again if you encounter more problems.

0 Kudos
mkrau4
Beginner

I, actually, already have installed the main module and 3D scan module (because working with 3d scanning).

That's why I'm curious of missing marker file.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Sometimes the RealSense documentation can have out of date information in it, such as a command that was never implemented in the SDK but has details left in the documentation from when it was being tested. It gets corrected in the documentation of a future SDK release once Intel become aware of it and confirm that it is incorrect and needs updating.

0 Kudos
mkrau4
Beginner

Do you know how to let them know about the image is missing?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Intel support staff do read forum messages and will be aware of the potentially missing image once they read this message thread, If you want to make doubly sure though, at the top of the documentation pages there are a row of icons. In the set of icons in the center is an envelope-shaped one labeled 'Feedback'. You can email Intel feedback about the documentation article that you are currently viewing, and that will ensure that your concerns go to the correct Intel staff members who deal with documentation.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MaKCbIMKo,

Thank you for reporting this! We will inform the appropriate team about this and hopefully this can be corrected soon.

MartyG, we appreciate the help you provided in this thread (and on all the other threads in which you contribute). It is people like you that makes this a community and not just a forum.

We look forward to hear from you both again!

-Peter.
0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thank you very much, Peter. As a veteran of RealSense and the Perceptual Computing camera that came before it, I know how much it helps developers to have quality, rapid support, because I appreciate good support myself. I love being able to put that experience to use to help projects other than my own!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

We have an update for this case.

We got a response from the SDK team, they fixed this issue by adding links to the markers in the SDK documentation. Please check this page for more details: https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/index.html?doc_scan_marker_tracking.html.

Peter.
0 Kudos