3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2017 5:26 PM by Intel Corporation

Restore NUC DC3217IYE to factory OS or?

JamesT

Hi All,

We had the M2SSD drive die and have replaced it. Is there any special step-by-step to restore our NUC DC3217IYE OS. Basically I'm doing or needing to do a baremetal recovery? The OS is currently Windows 8 PRO for OEM

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Restore NUC DC3217IYE to factory OS or?
          N.Scott.Pearson

You mean the (M.1) mSATA SSD, don't you? (just picking on you )

For process, need a questions answered: Do you have an offline backup that is stored on another PC or on an external HDD/SSD/SSHD?

• If no backup, then you need to basically do a from-scratch installation of the O/S.
          • If backup on network, you need to also have created a Recovery flash drive. If you have such a flash drive, boot from it and restore from the network backup. If you don't make such a flash drive, you will need to install the O/S from scratch, install necessary drivers and LAN software and then you can restore from the network-based backup.
          • If backup on external drive, I believe that you can restore from this backup using the O/S install media (i.e. don't need to have created a Recovery flash drive).

Hope this helps,

...S

• 2. Re: Restore NUC DC3217IYE to factory OS or?
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

N. Scott Pearson, thank you for your help.

To: JamesT,

Hello JamesT,

In regard to your concern, the steps provided by Scott are correct, as an additional detail at the following link, you will be able to see the compatible Operating Systems for your Intel® NUC Kit DC3217IY.

Supported Operating Systems for Intel® NUC Products

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
            Angie

• 3. Re: Restore NUC DC3217IYE to factory OS or?
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi JamesT,

I was reviewing this thread and I was wondering if the information provided by N. Scott Pearson was helpful for you.

Please don't hesitate in replying to this post in case you need further assistance.

Regards,
              Juan Carlos