Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Cannot import ProSet profile from Windows 7 into Windows 10

CStew4
Beginner

Hello

I'm trying to import a .p10 profile that we use on all of our Windows 7 ProSet configurations into a new Windows 10 image with a newer version of ProSet. I go to import, get prompted for the password the profile is secured with and then a message "Failed to import the profile". I know I'm using the correct password. Is there a migration tool needed to get this profile to work in Windows 10?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello FrankBlack007,

The Intel® PROSet wireless profile Migration Tool was used to migrate profiles from Windows* XP to Windows* 7, we do not have a tool for Windows* 10.

In this case, we strongly recommend to create a new profile using a matching version of the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT administrators which you can find in the following link (the current version for Windows* 10 is 19.30.0):

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000017246.html IT Administrator Links for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software

Please try to do this and let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
CStew4
Beginner

I was able to install the latest version but there doesn't seem to be a connection utility - I only see an ability to administer a profile (creates an executable instead of a .p10 file) and when I try to connect with the native Windows 10 I get 'can't connect to this network' - this is after installing the executable on the laptop (Dell Latitude E7470).

Is there a link where I can obtain the old connection utility with the green funnel?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FrankBlack007,

We would like to inform that if a wireless profile worked in Windows* 7, you can import it to Windows® 10 and should work fine. We actually tested this and had no problems, so there may be a problem with the profile you are using.

The Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software WiFi Connection Utility is not compatible with Windows® 10, the features available with this OS version are different from previous Windows* releases. You can find information about this in the document: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000007149.html Feature Comparison for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Enterprise.

The PROset tools do no have a way to export a single profile in Windows® 10, however, you can create a package file (exe) that already includes the profiles you need. Keep in mind that Windows® 10 includes its own tools (netsh commands) to manage wireless connections, and the actions that can be performed with our tools are limited in this Operating System.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FrankBlack007,

Feel free to let us know in case you have additional questions about this topic.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos