Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Dedicated Memory

DAffa
Beginner

hello, I have a HP Pro 3330 Mt PC with dedicated video memory of only 64 MB, what happens if I try to play a game that requires 512mb

if possible I increase the capacity, what should I do and how, some say with registy edit some say with bios, bios even I do not have the option to change the size of the VRAM

sorry if my english is bad

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

There are TWO types of video memory - Dedicated (DVM) and System (SVM). DVM is set in the BIOS. If there is no such setting in your bios, then there is nothing you can do. However, SVM may be able to be changed. Review this thread, post # 2:

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Al Hill, thanks for your valuable help

To: Dzikry

Hello Dzikry,

In regard to your concern, you will be able to change the capacity of your video memory according to the BIOS limitations of your system. If you the manufacturer of your equipment provide you with this option to change the configuration through the BIOS, there will be no problem.

The information provided by Al Hill will be very helpful, also after an extensive research, I was able to find some information that will assist you with your concern:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000020962.html Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Graphics Memory on Windows® 10

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos