4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2017 12:18 PM by RichardAtwood

Compiler source for D1000 compiler

Tandy

Hi everyone,

ISSM 2015 uses a custom LLVM-based compiler for the Quark D1000 microcontroller (IQDC).

All the links I have found indicate that the compiler source should be in the C:\IntelSWTools\ISSM_d1000_2015.4.036\compiler_src folder.  I did unarchive the source there, but it all appears to be GCC source and not related to either IQDC or LLVM.

Does anyone know where I can find the source code and license for the Quark D1000's compiler?

Thanks!

Tandy

• 1. Re: Compiler source for D1000 compiler
          YermiA_Intel

Hi Tandy,

Thanks for contacting us!

I would like to suggest you to take a look at the C:\IntelSWTools\ISSM_d1000_2015.4.036\tools\compiler folders, and let me know if it helps with your inquiry.

Regards,

-Yermi

• 2. Re: Compiler source for D1000 compiler
            Tandy

Hi Yermi,

Thanks for the helpful reply!

I took a look inside the ".\tools\compiler" folders and found a bunch of include files and a handful of C++ component source files with no extension (in .\include\c++\4.2.1).  But I don't actually see the IQDC source in there.  And I didn't see a license details file.

What am I missing?  Where do I find it?  Is there a makefile and/or manual build instructions?

Thank you,

Tandy

• 3. Re: Compiler source for D1000 compiler
              YermiA_Intel

Hi Tandy,

Please, let me investigate a little bit more and as soon as possible I’ll update you. Thanks for your patience during the mean time.

Regards,

-Yermi

• 4. Re: Compiler source for D1000 compiler
                RichardAtwood

Tandy,

I talked to the compiler team on this and found that the compiler is only LLVM based, but is not actaully LLVM and additionally it was customized for this microcontroller and then productized. We do have binutils and newlib which are GPL and LGPL respectively and provide binaries and sources for those.  For all GPL components we ship sources along with the corresponding GPL binaries and those sources are found in the install directory in the compiler sources folder.

Thank you,
                Richard