13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2017 6:30 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel Turbo Boost Max technology 3.0 causes startup to take a few hours, how to fix?

iamwhoiam

Hi,

I'm running Windows 7 ultimate 64 Intel Core i7-6800K CPU @ 3.4 GHz with 32 Gb Ram.  It has been running just fine until a few weeks ago at startup I would not be able to click anything, or use ctrl+alt+del and if I hovered my mouse over the taskbar it would show the spinning wheel.  I found that If I left the computer alone in this state for a few hours it would resume working.  I went through all my startup programs to find what was causing this and when Intel Turbo Boost Max tech 3.0 was the only program selected, I had the issue.  I rebooted in safe mode, enabled everything except Intel turbo boost and now it will start up just fine.  I'm just wondering how to fix the turbo boost so that it won't do that. 

I should add a friend of my husbands built the computer for me, I'm not overly techy, but can usually figure things out with the help of google, this issues I could not find posted anywhere.  Let me know if I need to provide more information to solve this issue.