Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

Is there much difference and is it worth spending A$275

idata
Employee

Thanks Cpt. Dogfruit, It was my mistake. I have a Core 2 Duo E6750 running at 2.66 Ghz, I am trying to work out if it is worth getting a Quad Core Q9400 running at 2.66 Ghz. That is still available, I looked on the M/B and it can take up to Q9650 running at 3.0 Ghz but no stock. My Motherboard is Asus P5QL Pro. Last time my old M/B died I had tobuy a new Windows XP with the new M/B as Microsoft would not allow the use of a different M/B on the same CPU and HDD. I realise that many things run in the background. I take absolutely heaps of photos and do a lot of Photo editing. I do not play games at all. I will at a later stage maybe Video editing, (not sure). If I want to get a better processor then that means I need a new motherboard and Memory and CPU, Lot of expense, I am not working at the moment. Please advise if you think I am wasting money, or should I get the new CPU or wait till I can afford a full New computer. Thanks in advance for your reply.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Are you having any actual issues with your current CPU? is it actually struggling? because if it isn't and you are just think about upgrading because you could have a quad, i would save up and get an i3 when you can. If there is a specific issue that you think will be solved by a new cpu hthen maybe, but still....

i3 systems aren't taht expensive and will only get cheaper, so no dont get the quad (i just convinced my self ) wait untill u can get an i3 or even i5
0 Kudos