2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2017 11:14 PM by mishra007

How to transmit real time data from Intel Galileo gen2 to any device connected to WLAN.

mishra007

Hi!
          I wish to know if there are methods to send real time sensor data over ssh or any other protocol to another device hooked to my wire less network. Also if it can be extended to sending sensor data over http? Kindly help!
      Also note that I am running standard yocto image on my galileo!
      FGT

• 1. Re: How to transmit real time data from Intel Galileo gen2 to any device connected to WLAN.
          FGT

Hi mishra007,

As it has been mentioned many times in this forum, yocto Linux is not a real time OS, so it will not be possible to do any task (including communications) under real time constraints.

About communicating data (from sensors or any other data source) you can use almost any standard protocol, including TCP, which I think would be the most simple one. It will depend mostly on the way you are developing. In case you use Arduino, I could send some working example, but maybe it would be better you start with the examples in the IDE, which do not always work "as they are", but with small changes.

HTH,

Fernando.

• 2. Re: How to transmit real time data from Intel Galileo gen2 to any device connected to WLAN.
            mishra007

FGT wrote:

Hi mishra007,

As it has been mentioned many times in this forum, yocto Linux is not a real time OS, so it will not be possible to do any task (including communications) under real time constraints.

About communicating data (from sensors or any other data source) you can use almost any standard protocol, including TCP, which I think would be the most simple one. It will depend mostly on the way you are developing. In case you use Arduino, I could send some working example, but maybe it would be better you start with the examples in the IDE, which do not always work "as they are", but with small changes.

HTH,

Fernando.

I am tornado web server!