Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Intel HD 5500 - Igfx display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered

OHasc
Beginner

Acording to mail Angie_Intel I am creating new topic about my fault with INTEL HD 5500. Nobody from DELL or Microsoft was able to fix it .... the problem is here with me 1 year. I tried every new graphics driver, drivers from DELL or intel, new bios, etc....

Detail about fault:

CategoryQuestionsAnswers (N/A if not applicable)DescriptionProvide a detailed description of the issueIt happen especialy after sleeping mode but it is not a rule. When I am watching online video on youtube or another video server (especialy if I have more windows with video open). Out of nowhere I get whole screen black for a second and than it looks everything normal, but it is not possible to continue with watching. It is necessary to reload the page.

In event viewer I got a message: Graphics driver IGFX stoped responsing and it was recovered successfully.Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")</span>

Always (100%):

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%): X

Very Sporadic (<20%):</span>Hardware (HW)Brand and Model of the system.DELL LATITUDE E7450Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?NO external graphics, integrated INTEL HD Graphics 5500Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)LFP<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; border-top: none; border-right: 1pt solid windowtext; border-bottom: 1pt solid windowtext; border-le...
0 Kudos
26 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Ondra,

Thank you for your reply on this thread.

In regard to your concern, after an extensive research, I was able to find through Dell official website the graphics driver for your Latitude E7450 and a new BIOS version (released in 06, January 2017).

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e7450-ultrabook/drivers/advanced Dell Latitude E7450 System BIOS (look under "BIOS (1 file)")

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e7450-ultrabook/drivers/advanced Dell Graphics Drivers (look under "Video (3 files)")

Please proceed with the installation of the drivers and updates from the previous links.

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
OHasc
Beginner

Hello Angie,

I already have it... but still the problem is there. I have latest drivers and BIOS.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ondra,

In order to further help you, could you please reply with the results of the following test:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU )

Once that you reply I will continue with the research.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
OHasc
Beginner

Hello Angie,

here it is.

Ondrej

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ondra,

Thank you for your reply.

We will continue with the investigation based on the information provided.

As soon as I have further outcomes I will inform you.

Best regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ondra,

Could you please try to complete a manual installation of the following drivers, and report if the issue persists, over this thread.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005598.html Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver and Intel® Display HDMI/Audio Driver

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1*

Please try with each driver and do not hesitate to let me know the results:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25749/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210 Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40] (Version: Beta 15.40.18.4380 (Previously Released) Date: 2/5/2016)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40] (Version: 15.40.25.4463 (Previously Released) Date: 6/17/2016)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26347/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210 Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40] (Version: Beta 15.40.xx.4539 (Latest) Date: 10/20/2016)

I am still working on the investigation of your case, in the meantime, please let me know the results with these drivers.

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Angie

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ondra,

I was wondering if you were able to test the drivers provided before.

If you were able to test them, I would appreciate if you can share your results in case the issue persisted.

If the issue was solved, please let me know which one of the drivers worked.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
OHasc
Beginner

Hello Juan,

I did not try your drivers yet. But what I tried is new DELL Graphics driver:

v 20.19.15.4531, A05 which have this description:

Fixes

- Intel Gfx driver stopped responding error message with DCU

Since that time I had only one problem with this error (it was the same day when I installed it). But since then I have not any error message. I will continue with testing and than I will let you know. Meybe is this driver based on some of your driver versions.

Best regards

Ondrej

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ondra,

I am glad to know the issue was fixed.

The OEM drivers are based on our drivers; therefore, the fix should be in one of the drivers we asked to try.

Please stay with the driver you installed as the problem went away.

Don't hesitate in replying to this post if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

0 Kudos
OHasc
Beginner

Hi,

so it is not fixed. It happend again even with latest drivers and it was again few minutes after sleeping mode.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ondra,

Thank you for the information.

I have forwarded this to the corresponding team.

Once I have an update I will contact you back.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ondra,

In addition to the previous post, in the meantime please try the following driver you mentioned you haven't tried and let me know how it goes:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26347/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210 Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
OHasc
Beginner

Hello Juan,

so I tried you drivers. Looks more stable, but not ideal becouse it happend again.

Again after sleeping mode with video playing (in chrome browser - youtube)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ondra,

At this moment I recommend you to contact Dell for support as it could be also related to a hardware issue, this because you have tried both (generic and OEM drivers).

http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/04/services/consumer-services Dell Support

Regards,

Juan Carlos

0 Kudos
OHasc
Beginner

Hello Juan,

it is not HW fault. I tried to contact dell in the past. They replaced motherboard in my laptop, but without sucess. Than I get brand new laptop but I have still this problem. So it is not HW.

Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ondra,

The Intel software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide which contain fixes specific to the OEM hardware the driver is intended for. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer. Intel and the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers.

I strongly recommend to contact Dell again.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
OHasc
Beginner

Yeah i know, but I tried it in the past too...thay told me that there is no possibility to fix it (support via phone). They told me that i have to wait for new drivers...

And nothing happend...

So I hape that intel can provide correct drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ondra,

Intel released a Display driver which contained a fix to address multiple causes of this error. Released in April 2016 (version 15.40.22.4424)

Please refer to the following thread:

/thread/105995 Error Message: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
OHasc
Beginner

thank you,

i saw this article in the past. I think that i tried it. They say that the fix is in every latest driver included.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ondra,

That is correct, the fix is included in every release after version 15.40.22.4424.

Once again, the best option is to contact the OEM again.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos