1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2017 7:00 AM by Canary0

Intel HD 5500 - Igfx display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Ondra

Acording to mail Angie_Intel I am creating new topic about my fault with INTEL HD 5500. Nobody from DELL or Microsoft was able to fix it .... the problem is here with me 1 year. I tried every new graphics driver, drivers from DELL or intel, new bios, etc....

Detail about fault:

CategoryQuestionsAnswers (N/A if not applicable)
      DescriptionProvide a detailed description of the issueIt happen especialy after sleeping mode but it is not a rule. When I am watching online video on youtube or another video server (especialy if I have more windows with video open). Out of nowhere I get whole screen black for a second and than it looks everything normal, but it is not possible to continue with watching. It is necessary to reload the page.
      In event viewer I got a message: Graphics driver IGFX stoped responsing and it was recovered successfully.
      Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")

Always (100%):
         Often (51-99%):
         Sporadic (20-50%): X
         Very Sporadic (<20%):
      Hardware (HW)Brand and Model of the system.DELL LATITUDE E7450
      Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
         ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?
      NO external graphics, integrated INTEL HD Graphics 5500
      Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
         LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
         EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)
      LFP
      How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).8 GB ram, single slot used
      Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
         ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc
      no external HW needed
      Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).VEN_8086&DEV_1616&SUBSYS_062E1028&REV_09
      Software (SW)Operating System version (see note2 below).Windows 10 Pro (10.0.14393) with latest update, anniversary update
      VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.1039.18
      Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).20.19.15.4454 (official DELL) but problem is also with latest INTEL driver.
      SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.use google chrome with multiple youtube videos playing
      ConfigurationsSingle display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).single display
      Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).1920x1080 60p Hz
      AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?- it is laptop
      How to reproPlease provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
         A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.
      1. Switch on computer normaly
      2. Go to sleeping mode
      3. Wake up computer
      4. Go to website: youtube.com and play more videos in one moment
      5. sometimes it happend sometimes not. Work with system with video playing in background.
      6. see also review here: Dell Latitude 14 E7450 Review - Best Business Laptop? - YouTube

minute 9:40

1 2 Previous Next