8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 8:34 AM by Intel Corporation

bluetooth SPP android - edison disconnect

bennnn

Hi, I followed this guide to connect an android to the intel edison.

Communicate to Arduino code with your Android* Phone by Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP) on Intel® Edison | Intel® So…

I installed the correct python scripts in /home/root/bluetooth/

and I checked if the service is running, I get an error at the end of that message.

systemctl status bluetooth-spp-pin

● bluetooth-spp-pin.service - Bluetooth SPP and PIN service

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth-spp-pin.service; enabled)

Active: active (exited) since Thu 2017-01-12 14:38:30 UTC; 42min ago

Process: 246 ExecStart=/home/root/bluetooth/bluetooth-spp-pin.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Main PID: 246 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth-spp-pin.service

├─358 /usr/bin/python /home/root/bluetooth/bluetooth-spp-service.py

└─359 /usr/bin/python /home/root/bluetooth/bluetooth-pin-service.py

Jan 12 14:38:30 edison systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth SPP and PIN service.

Jan 12 14:38:35 edison bluetooth-spp-pin.sh[246]: Can't get device info: No such device

The android device will pair and connect. when I try to send serial data with the android app as in the guide, the app says it has lost the connection.

I have tried also the bluetooth user guide, using bluetoothctl app etc for SPP. again I can pair the device but as soon as I try to send any serial data the pipe is broken / disconnect.

are there logs I can check ? or its only a python scipt without logging?

ultimately I would like to use android - bluetooth ( SPP ) in C++ in eclipse for intel edison. Can anyone recomend a good demonstation app of this working in excipse?

I think I must be close to having this working since the android and my laptop both pair without issue.