We understand that the USB component of your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop. Please consider the following:
- Make sure that the cable is properly plugged in the adapter side, and also to either JUSB1 or JUSB2 connector of the motherboards, try both if needed. Use the line of 4 pins, as shown in the Integration Guide for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop.
- If the issue persists, rotate the USB connector side of the cable by 180 degrees as seen in the advisory Bluetooth® Not Functional on Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop.
- Contact MSI Support and make sure you are using the most recent System and Chipset drivers for your Motherboard.
- Try disabling Windows* Fast startup and check if this helps. You can find information about this in the following website:
Note: 3rd party links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.
I have same kind of situation. Bluetooth headphones suddenly stopped working and they cannot coonect again (tested on other devices that the headphones are working).
Same kind of device descriptor failed text also in device manager.
I have had the same kind of setup for a year and no problems until now.
Also waiting suggestions this problem.
We noticed that you tried a similar approach, but we advise you to follow these steps and perform a clean driver installation:
1. Download and save Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Software for Windows® 10 [version 19.30.1649]
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs, and uninstall the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth Software.
3. Check Device Manager - Bluetooth, if the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® driver is installed, proceed to uninstall and delete it.
4. After the Bluetooth software is removed, you can install the driver you downloaded before. Reboot the PC after this.
If the issue persists at this point, there may be a problem in Windows* registry, or other component preventing the Bluetooth* controller from operating. Try disabling your antivirus and firewall and check if it helps.
For further assistance, please provide the following information:
- Was this working fine before?
- Were there any changes applied to the system recently?
- Did you use any other Bluetooth controller in the past?
- Let us know the devices you see in Windows* Device Manager - Bluetooth.
* Blackwinds, the issue you mentioned seems different from the original one reported in this thread, so you might want to create a new thread. Are you able to connect to other Bluetooth* devices? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for the Bluetooth device in Device manager?
I received this device Monday February 9 2017 and right out of the box, I had this problem.
No changes to the system in many months
This system has never had a bluetooth device installed
Screenshot of Device Manager Before Installation of Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Software for Windows® 10 [version 19.30.1649]
Downloaded a fresh copy
Disabled Anti-Virus and installed a new copy
Screenshot AFTER reboot.
And nothing has changed.
This MSI z97 MB has a feature in bios that is called Board Explorer, it shows a diag of the MB, and I can mouse over items like JUSB 1 and JUSB 2 and it will tell me what devices are connected. This USB connection isn't even showing up as there, yet things like my Game Pad, Cordless Mouse/Keyboard show up as there.
You mention System registry?
I believe this purchase is still covered by Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com , I would rather get it working then do a return or refund. :-(
Thanks for the update. In situations like this, when the adapter is brand new and never worked in the system, engaging the place of purchase is always an option. Don't hesitate to contact us if you ever require our assistance.