Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

problem with Intel 965 express chipset family

idata
Employee

Im using windows 7 with the latest update 8.15.10.1912 for my driver

before on the windows 7 beta i would use my old vista drivers which worked wonderfully for my laptop.. it would use 128mb of my video card but now that i changed to the win7 full version, it wouldn't let me use my vista video driver (i have no idea why). So i tried fully updating my video driver and now its only using 68mb. My graphics became really low and isn't as nice as it was before. I noticed it started happening like this when i used the win7 video drivers and when the drivers were fully updated. Should I downgrade my driver? If so, where can i find older versions of my driver? Because im having a hard time finding drivers on the Intel website.. its so hard and confusing to find

Please help me

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Ok, so I even got an update from the Intel website and it became 8.14.10.1930

it seems like it downgraded it? But nothing still hasnt changed.. so what do I do?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The version that i used before was 7.14.10.1318 which is my vista driver which i got from the Acer website for vista x32 Ultimate.

BTW, my laptop is an Acer Extensa 4620z (was using Vista Ultimate before)

I used 7.14.10.1318 for my win7 and it worked well on the RC (Beta) version but now when i try to install it, it will say "File copy was not successful".

I already tried using the "Troubleshoot compatibility" mode but still the same error. i even tried putting it under all the types of vista but still there was an error.

What can I do? Because when i play Warcraft or any other game, the game is only about half the screen.. and my video card is only putting out 64mb of memory.. Please help

idata
Employee

no one knows anything about this?

0 Kudos