Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300, SDK R3 and Segmentation

PDeak
Beginner

Hi

I am very new to this SDK and not sure if this has been asked before (I couldn't find anything), but is there a sample C# program that demonstrates background removal using segmentation? I am using the SR300 camera and SDK R3.

I found a sample for SDK R2 but it fails on querying the 3DSeq. It returns NULL.

PXCM3DSeg segmentation = senseManager.Query3DSeg();

All the samples in the SDK R3 folder work fine but there is no Segmentation sample.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Paul.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Paul,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® RealSense™ Technology.

Unfortunately, the samples that you see in the SDK R3 folder are the ones available, there is not a sample C# program that demonstrate background removal using segmentation.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
PDeak
Beginner

Hi Andres

Could you let me know why the QUERY3DSEG() method on the SenseManager would return NULL?

Every c# sample I download that uses segmentation fails on this issue. Even the sample you recommend in your documentation.

Thanks

Paul.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Paul,

The fact that the QUERY3DSEG() function returns NULL doesn't mean that it is failing. It just means that the module is busy.

It returns the module instance just when the module is not busy processing any data (setup and retrieve data).

I hope you find that information useful.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos