9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2017 12:44 PM by Intel Corporation

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn poor optimization?

Kez

Hi,

I've recently built a new PC and I'm using an I5-6500 with the integrated HD530 just till I can get the GFX card I want.

Now the HD530 is supposed to be better than my Radeon HD5670 Sapphire 1GB GDDR5

On 2 games; World of Warcraft and Guild Wars 2 it's a lot better. However on Overwatch and especially Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn they are both literally unplayable and can't reach 30 FPS where as the hd5670 card was fine with these 2 games. Also on FFXIV the screen pulses black every so often which I'm assuming is also related to the HD530 but it's the only game it runs so poor on and does this. My Native resolution is 1680x1050 which I've never had to change before but even lowering it to 1366x768 didn't give an FPS boost.

Is it poor optimisation from Intel and is it possible to request these games be optimised better anywhere please?

Edit: Just wanted to note that I've tried different driver versions also but nothing changes, so I'm currently just using the latest 21.20.16.4542