4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2017 1:01 PM by Intel Corporation

tinyb issue

vn2000

I was trying to use the tinyb examples from Github for the Joule 570x developer kit. I was able to compile and run most of the example programs, such as hellotinyb and esstinyb. I have a TI SensorTag and the program was able to recognize it. However the program was not able to get services from the device.

Using debug messages, I can see the function 'get_services' always returns an empty list and the program gets stuck in that get_services loop.

I wonder if anybody was able to have hellotinyb working properly.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: tinyb issue
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello vn2000,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® Joule™ Products.

Sorry for the late reply. I understand you are experiencing issues getting data from your sensor. I’m assuming you are following this guide https://software.intel.com/en-us/java-for-bluetooth-le-apps, please correct me if I’m wrong. I’m aware the guide is written with the Edison in mind, but if you are using Intel System Studio IoT Edition there shouldn’t be any compatibility issues with your Joule.

Could you give me some information about what kind of troubleshooting have you tried? 

The first step to discover what is causing your issue will be to go through the tinyb troubleshooting, here is the link https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/tinyb/blob/master/TROUBLESHOOTING.md

In the meantime I’ll try to reproduce your issue to see if I get a similar error.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
          Andres

• 2. Re: tinyb issue
            Intel Corporation

Hello vn2000,

I was wondering if you had the chance to try the troubleshooting suggested.

Regards,
            Andres

• 3. Re: tinyb issue
              vn2000

Hi Andres,

This is a more complicated issue. The project tinyb is still in development stage and not all functions are working.

Anyway thank you for the answer.

Thanks.

• 4. Re: tinyb issue
                Intel Corporation

Hello vn2000,

You are welcome.

As you mentioned, since the project is experiencing constant changes, it’s better to wait for a more stable version.

Also, due to the current development stage, any issue that you may experience should be shared with the developers through their GitHub site. That may help you receive better assistance, and the developers may find new ways to improve their project.

Regards,
                Andres