5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2017 4:55 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC6i5SYH will not image using WDS + MDT

zhaze73

Hello,

I am revisiting this thread, with limited technical knowledge or ability to test much myself, however,  toward building a case with Intel for a handful of enterprise customers needing the ability to push their custom Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit Image to the NUC6i5SYH using Server 2012R2 with WDS + MDT.  They are encountering similar issues to those that have been brought up in the community in the past.  The resolution that a few had was fairly unclear so I wanted a well documented case to get Intel to find a resolution as quickly as possible.

Does anyone have more current insight toward a resolution regarding the rollout stopping, possibly due to lost USB functionality?

Thanks in advance for any help!@

• 1. Re: NUC6i5SYH will not image using WDS + MDT
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello zhaze73,

In regard to your concern I would like to confirm the following details:

Are you facing an issue with your Intel® NUC Kit NUC6I5SYH (with its own drivers or hardware)?
          Is your concern related to unable to use WSD + MDT?
          You see this issue with Windows 7 or Windows Server 2012R2, or with both?

As soon as you reply I will continue with the investigation of your matter.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
          Angie

• 2. Re: NUC6i5SYH will not image using WDS + MDT
            Intel Corporation

Hello zhaze73,

I would like to know if you are able to provide me with the following details:

Are you facing an issue with your Intel® NUC Kit NUC6I5SYH (with its own drivers or hardware)?
            Is your concern related to unable to use WSD + MDT?
            You see this issue with Windows 7 or Windows Server 2012R2, or with both?

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Best regards,
            Angie

• 3. Re: NUC6i5SYH will not image using WDS + MDT
              zhaze73

Hello Angie,

Sorry as I thought that I had provided all of the necessary details in the subject and my post but let me answer your questions one at a time:

1) Yes, I have a customer facing an issue with mass deployment of Windows 7 Professional 64 bit to any given number of NUC6i5SYH (with it's own drivers from the Intel site and genuine hardware as provided in the BOXNUC6i5SYH kit)

2)  Correct, the issue arose when attempting to use WDS role in Server 2012R2 + MDT 2013 build 8443 + ADK build 1607.  From my reading, MDT 8443 + ADK 1607 are required for deploying systems with Windows 10 so they upgraded from previous MDT and ADK builds to start the move to Windows 10 later this year.  This appears to have somehow broken the ability to load W7 Professional via the same method but I am not completely sure that it isn't an Intel driver issue.

3) To reiterate, the issue is with network based installation of Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit to (20) NUC6i5SYH with 8GB RAM and 120GB SSD using Server 2012R2 Windows Deployment Services role + MDT build 8443 + ADK build 1607.

In my own research, I am finding threads regarding similar issues and it has been stated that it could be an issue with that particular new version of MDT + ADK build 1607 when loading SSD based systems.  They also state that ADK 1607 has an issue with intermittent driver installation failure which is what my customer is seeing on their SSD based NUCs.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or resources.

• 4. Re: NUC6i5SYH will not image using WDS + MDT
                Intel Corporation

Hello zhaze73,

Thank you for your reply.

In regard to your concern, Intel provides support to stand-alone images of Windows or any other driver.

In specific for any further issue with WDS and MDT, please refer directly to Microsoft Support.

At the following link you will be able to find helpful information:

Microsoft Deployment Toolkit

And for technical support go to:

Windows IT Professional Support

Please let me know how it goes in order to further assist you if required.

Regards,
                Angie

• 5. Re: NUC6i5SYH will not image using WDS + MDT
                  Intel Corporation

Hello Angie,

I would like to know if the information provided to you was able to solve your concern?

In case if you need further assistance do not hesitate to reply back.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
                  Angie.