2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2017 2:37 AM by DooleyDo

Manageability Commander vs. SCS for ConfigMgr CB

Petrucci914

Hello,

I'm looking to integrate some features into our ConfigMgr CB 1610 instance in order to leverage AMT, mostly for WoL/Power.  I tried to implement SCS but it looks to be looking for ConfigMgr 2012 and will not install.  With the Manageability Commander I see a 'right-click' option for it but it doesn't seem to integrate within the deployments themselves.

Looking for advice and whether I need to utilize other tools to configure AMT and, if so, how do I accomplish that.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Manageability Commander vs. SCS for ConfigMgr CB
          Petrucci914

Since replying to the email from Intel Business Support appears to not work:

Hello,

We are a school district so, yes, I do have access to the machines but they would be at different buildings.  We only have about 1500 clients and right now we only have one model with vPro.

I attempted to install the SCS add-on for ConfigMgr and it will not install on Current-Branch 1610.  Does SCS and Manageability Commander have to both be installed, or can we just leverage one of them?  At this point, we are only interested in WoL/Power Management capabilities.

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Manageability Commander vs. SCS for ConfigMgr CB
            DooleyDo

SCS is used to provision AMT.  Your AMT devices need configuring before you can wake them or use the Commander.  If they are already configured for AMT via some other means then the commander should be enough to get your started.