4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2017 12:59 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel System Studio example projects not working on Edison

Majo

Hello,

I've browsed all of the support forums and FAQs extensively, but I haven't been able to get on-board blinking LED working on Intel System Studio running on Ubuntu 16.04 for the Edison (with the Arduino breakout) via SSH.

I followed these steps exactly: IoT - Creating and running projects | Intel® Software

I know that there are some additional steps to get the Edison board working, as shown here: IoT - Enabling code examples | Intel® Software

Still, I am getting an error that reads "Cannot create project. Please select a different platform or download it by using the platform support manager.".

I believe the issue might be from this line of code that I ran on the Edison board via SSH.

opkg install azure-iot-sdk ibm-iotf-embeddedc coreutils

I received this error message:

Unknown package 'azure-iot-sdk'.

Unknown package 'ibm-iotf-embeddedc'.

Package coreutils (8.22-r0) installed in root is up to date.

Collected errors:

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package azure-iot-sdk.

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ibm-iotf-embeddedc.

How can I resolve this issue? First, how do I install azure-iot-sdk and ibm-iotf-embeddedc packages? Second, If I'm properly able to install these packages, will I be able to then create the project using System Studio?  It really shouldn't be this complicated to get an LED blinking...

Thanks!