Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14510 Discussions

I want to buy a intel I7 6xxx/7xxx processor which can support 128gb of ram, can you please help me in finding that, I am building a workstation or desktop pc for myself

rgada
Beginner

Hi All,

I am building a workstation or desktop PC for my personal use and I am able to find the motherboard which can support 128gb of ram but I am not able to find the right processor for it. I am specially looking for a processor which can support 128gb ram and the socket has to be LGA 1151 and it has to be I7 6th or 7th gen processor and it can be 14nm or 22nm.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello GRK:

In regard to your inquiry, I looked for a processor that has socket LGA 1151 that supports 128GB but there are no processors with those specifications.

Just in case, here is the link for a processor filter where you will be able to look for more results in the case you can change some of the requirements:

http://ark.intel.com/Search/Advanced?s=t&SocketsSupported=FCLGA1151&MaxMemMBMin=131072&MaxMemMBMax=131072 http://ark.intel.com/Search/Advanced?s=t&SocketsSupported=FCLGA1151&MaxMemMBMin=131072&MaxMemMBMax=131072

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GRK:

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you or if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
SSaid1
Novice

To the best of my knowledge (I work for Intel, but this is NOT an Intel official response, I am speaking for myself only) there is no LGA1151 i series processor that can support 128GB.

These are the only i series that do, (i7-6900K, i7-6850K, i7-6800K, i7-5960X) but they are all the X99 series and all require LGA2011-3 socket motherboards.

Just get the right 2011-3 motherboard and you are set to go. Beware that some motherboards would only support 64GB, so pay attention to the specs before you purchase.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SahaluS:

Thank you very much for the information posted previously, I am sure it will be very helpful for all the peers viewing this thread.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
SSaid1
Novice
0 Kudos
rgada
Beginner

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply SahaluS and IntelCorporation, it was really helpful.

0 Kudos
SSaid1
Novice
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GRK:

You are welcome, thank you also to SahaluS for the information provided as well.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos