Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Dual display optimisation

idata
Employee

Hi all,

I'm just curious if I'm using my system properly to get the most out of it. Although my system is not new I'm not sure if I'm utilizing it the way I should be.

ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)Adapter DescriptionNVIDIA GeForce 6GB GTX 780 SC ACX

Asus P8Z68-V PRO, Intel Z68, S 1155

I run two monitors, both connect to my Nvidia.

But vaguely understand that my motherboard is equipped with LucidLogix switchable graphics.

Would I benefit from running one of my monitors straight off the onboard card? Or should I have this card enabled and the system can utilize it for certain tasks? Honestly - I'm just stuck in an old habit of disabled onboard, dedicated gpu... but I'm not convinced this is the right way to go on more "modern" boards with these additional features.

Many thanks on any assistance bringing me back into this century

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

You can switch between the enhanced battery life of the Intel graphics while running on laptop battery power and the performance capabilities of the discrete graphics controller while the laptop is plugged into AC power. In other words, you can get best out the onboard graphics solution if you would own a laptop, but the Asus P8Z68-V PRO is a desktop computer.

Some computers have a hardware switch. Some computers have an icon in the Windows taskbar that you can use to switch the graphics controller. Some computers automatically switch to the Intel graphics if the computer changes to battery power, or it can switch to the discrete graphics if the computer is plugged into AC power. Some computers use third party software to do the switch (LucidLogix software)

I hope it helps

Allan.

0 Kudos