Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Why can't I start anything

idata
Employee

I just bought a i7-920 processor and DX58SO motherboard and installed them into my tower with a 850watt power supply.

I followed every instruction to the letter even going over everything more than once.

After putting in a video card, I turned it on and it seemed to be running without no video output. I waited a few minutes and pressed the reset button to give it another go.

Now when I press the power button it turns on the lights and fan just enough to notice before turnin off again.

I have tried removing everything and have reinstall cpu and fan hopin' for atleast a beep. But still doin the same.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

What happens when you boot without any memory?

Also what SL number CPU do you have?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It does the same with or without memory in it.

My processor is SLBEJ.

Today i have gotten it to keep runnin' twice. First when I woke up this mornin' and again after a couple hours of it being turned off. If i turn it off after that and try to turn it on again it starts with the 1 second before turn off again.

All I have in it now is Ram, Processor and cpu fan. I dont want to add anything else till I know it's not gonna fry anything.

Next day hooked up Hard Drive when started in the morning and the HDD Led blinked so i guess it's processing. Could this be a heat prob??

2nd try of this day turned on with graphix card it's got display and i can enter BIOS but if i turn it off it continues to not turn on

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The first thing you need to do is update the BIOS do it via the recovery method.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In case you don't get any resolution, you can attend the next Intel Live Chat session and get it resolved by Intel in-house experts. More information at www.intellivechat.com

Connect with us on Skype at: IntelLiveChat
0 Kudos