Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Enable Smart Response Technology with an Intel SSD

DDana
Beginner

I thought this would be a cake walk with an Intel SSD but I can't seem to get Intel Rapid Storage Technology to display the accelerate option.

I have a 40 GB Intel SSD with latest firmware and a 2 TB HD with my system on it. System HD is on port 0 and the SSD is on port 1.

Here's my hard drive configuration in my BIOS.

The SSD is all unallocated space.

When I open Intel Rapid Storage Technology I see buttons for "Status," "Manage," "Performance," "Preferences," and "Help." I don't see a button for "Accelerate"

Working my way through help eventually brought me to these forums. I must be overlooking something. Can someone help me get my SSD working with Smart Response Technology?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Dalexgray,

We understand your system does not show the accelerate button under Intel® Rapid Storage. First, we would like you to verify the following requirements for Intel® Smart Response:

• Intel® Z68, Z87, Q87, H87, Z77, Q77, or H77 Express Chipset-based desktop board
  • Intel® Core™ Processor in the LGA 1155 or LGA 1150 package
  • System BIOS with SATA mode set to RAID
  • Intel RST software 10.5 version release or later
  • Single hard disk drive or multiple drives in one RAID volume
  • Solid state drive (SSD) with a minimum capacity of 18.6 GB
  • Operating system: Windows 8* or Windows* 7 (32-bit and 64-bit editions)

Could you please tell us what is the computer brand and model you have?

Also, this situation you are having could be better addressed by our support team for boards and kits, let us know if you require further assistance so we can engage this team.

Regards,

NC

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Dalexgray,

We understand your system does not show the accelerate button under Intel® Rapid Storage. First, we would like you to verify the following requirements for Intel® Smart Response:

• Intel® Z68, Z87, Q87, H87, Z77, Q77, or H77 Express Chipset-based desktop board
  • Intel® Core™ Processor in the LGA 1155 or LGA 1150 package
  • System BIOS with SATA mode set to RAID
  • Intel RST software 10.5 version release or later
  • Single hard disk drive or multiple drives in one RAID volume
  • Solid state drive (SSD) with a minimum capacity of 18.6 GB
  • Operating system: Windows 8* or Windows* 7 (32-bit and 64-bit editions)

Could you please tell us what is the computer brand and model you have?

Also, this situation you are having could be better addressed by our support team for boards and kits, let us know if you require further assistance so we can engage this team.

Regards,

NC
DDana
Beginner

Thanks for listing the requirements! I don't meet them as I'm using a P67 motherboard and Windows 10. Whoops!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Dalexgray,

You are welcome, remember you can always contact us for further assistance on any Intel® product.

Have a happy new year.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos