11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2017 1:30 AM by MartyG

SR300 issues with Unity Toolkit - need previous SDK or working sample project

zaidmo

Hi there

I have the Razer Stargazer (with the SR300) and I'm trying to do some basic Unity tests on a Windows 10 64 bit i5 5th gen PC.

I've managed to run a few Real Sense showcased apps successfully (Wave Warrior, Lego Portal Races) and all the SR300 code samples work (from within the R3 2016 SDK browser).

I have installed the following individual components:

Intel® RealSense™ SDK 3D Scan for Windows* Version 11.0 (11.0)

Intel® RealSense™ SDK Cursor Mode for Windows* Version 11.0 (11.0)

Intel® RealSense™ SDK Essentials for Windows* Version 11.0 (11.0)

Intel® RealSense™ SDK Hand Tracking for Windows* Version 11.0 (11.0)

Intel® RealSense™ SDK User Background Segmentation for Windows* Version 11.0 (11.0)

Plus the Depth Camera Manager intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718

None of the 7 Unity Toolkit samples are working on my pc.

I get these errors:

UnityException: EnsureRunningOnMainThread can only be called from the main thread

UnityEngine.Object.GetInstanceID () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEngineObject.cs:31)

BaseAction..ctor () (at Assets/RSUnityToolkit/Internals/Actions Utils/BaseAction.cs:62)

I then tried following this guide to add the RealSense Unity Toolkit to a new project: https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/02/13/add-realsense-to-unity

It requires me to import the RSSDK Unity Toolkit into my project, but I can't find the RSUnityToolkit.unitypackage in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSSDK\framework\Unity.

The R3 Essentials Release Notes state that the Unity toolkit isn't supported in R3. Use R2 instead. Can you advise where I can download R2 of the SDK from?

The download link on this page does not work: https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2016/05/21/new-r2

If anyone has a code sample for the SR300 that works on Unity 5.4.2ft I'd really appreciate it to give acme a head start.

I'd really appreciate the assistance as I'm spinning at the moment and would love to be able to successfully showcase RealSense technology into a hardware display solution I'm developing.

Thanks

Zaid