Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14538 Discussions

CPU Voltage Regulator Temperature is to high

idata
Employee

Hello,

I have a Core i7 920 CPU on Intel Desktop Board DX58SO.

I have installed Intel Desktop Center to see the PC temperature and I have saw that the "CPU Voltage Regulator Temperature" is to high (59 C):

Is that OK? what can I do to solve this problem?

Thank You All!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

According to this http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=37147&processor=i7-920&spec-codes=SLBCH,SLBEJ link, it is operating under normal condition.

All the best,

Kind Regards,

Aryan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Looking at the attached picture it is within the safe green zone but very near the warning yellow zone. Yes I agree with you that it is a little high however since the cpu voltage regulator is part of the cpu the only way for us to reduce this is to reduce the usage of the cpu.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

this software isn't stable... anytime it show me different details about my system.

now my pc too much noisy (in idle load) and i don't know what to do.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The cpu temperature margin of 127 is quite high (This is good if it is true) compared to your previous picture of 33. But this is not fix values since it is dependent on what program/programs are being run. Also the cpu voltage drops from 1.4 to 0.88 which will indicate that there is less usage of your cpu. I find the program to be working although could not say for sure that the values are correct. Values specially temperature do not remain fix. Your latest picture indicates that the computer is in idle condition while the previous one under load condition.

0 Kudos