Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD w/ Intel i5 m430 Fonts Blurry

idata
Employee

I just bought Acer Aspire 5740-6378 with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD w/ Intel i5 m430 processor and fonts in Windows 7 64 bit recommended resolution 1366 bt 768 are a little blurry and alot jagged on web pages. I even tried outher resolutions with the same, poor results. I've downloaded the newest driver using Intel tool and I checked to make sure it installed OK. I am happy with all in the computer except this visual difference from all notebooks I have used. I hope Intel moniters this and they or some one give me some help to resolve this. Two evenings using this display and my eyes are sore, I believe from this distortion. I can only describe the jagged display as similar to the old windows where you had to enable smoothing of fonts. I need help or I'm going to have to return this computer and keep my old 18 months old Toshiba notebook (which also has Intel processor and Intel video).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Well it could be a bad display on your laptop. Or it could be Cleartype needs tuning. See: http://www.sevenforums.com/news/274-windows-7-cleartype-text.html http://www.sevenforums.com/news/274-windows-7-cleartype-text.html

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you. I've decided to keep the notebook. I had to reinstall windows 7 from the secondary partition on the notebook. All is well now. The dificulty occured after updating to the newest driver on Intel site, dated 12/09. I'm now using an older driver and it works fine. I know you say to use the latest driver from the notebook (Acer) company. I just thought since this is such a new intel chip m430 w/i5 proc that I would be ok with Intel's newest driver. Now I'll stick to the newest driver on the Acer site, not intel. Thank you,

0 Kudos