Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14615 Discussions

Processor fan not working, No display Signal.

idata
Employee

Processor : Intel G2010 LGA 1155

Motherboard: DH61HO

PC worked fine till It went to sleep mode. Not powering up now.

Cpu case fan working fine. SMPS working. But Processor Fan doesn't.

Processor fan seems stuck. It initiates spinning but gets stuck within a complete 360 spin. This process happens continuously till I power off. CPU case Green Led does not get lit. There is no signal to monitor.

I tried connecting case fan to 4-pin processor fan socket & it works. But PSU fan doesn't work in any of the socket .

It would be helpful if anyone could suggest me and give an idea about this problem.

will there be any fault in motherboard or processor.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Unni:

It is a little bit difficult to tell for sure if the problem is the board or the processor or the fan itself, because it could be any of those, now you mentioned that you use the case fan on the 4-pin processor fan socket and it works, that indicates that the board and the processor might be working fine and the problem could be the fan itself.

At this point in order to make sure the next thing to do will be to swap parts, do you have the option to test another cpu fan on this system? That will let us know for sure in order to rule out a possible problem with the other components.

If you do not have that option I can always verify if we can send you a fan and then we can make sure if that was the problem.

Please let me know if you are interested on that option.

Any questions or if you need further information about this matter, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

idata
Employee

Hello Unni:

I just wanted to check if the problem with the fan not working got fixed or if it still persists and if you are interested in the option for us to send you a fan?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

idata
Employee

Thanks Sir for your support. By the way the problem got resolved when i replaced the SMPS. I think SMPS created some trouble in between.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Unni:

You are welcome.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem got fixed, and thank you for sharing that information.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos