Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

Display Audio Driver loses connection with AV Receiver

idata
Employee

Hello all

I have just finished building an HTPC based on the ASUS H110I-Plus Motherboard with the Intel Core I7 6700 and 8GB of DDR4 Ram.

I am running Plex Server (1.3.3.3148) and Plex Media Player (1.2.2) on this machine and it is connected via HDMI to an Onkyo TX-SR508 AV Receiver.

Over the last week I have been listening to a lot of Music (all M4a) and occasionally the Audio connection between the PC and the AV Receiver gets lost.

The Video is unaffected, however, I lose all Audio.

Going into Plex Media Player, turning Off the Audio Exclusive Mode and Re-Enabling it restores the Audio as does changing the Input on the AV Receiver and changing it back.

I am using the latest Stable version of the Intel Graphics Driver (21.20.16.4542) and Intel Display Audio Driver (10.22.0.96).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Does this issue still happening with driver version 4552?

Please give a try and let me know your findings.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26464/Intel-Graphics-Beta-Driver-15-45- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26464/Intel-Graphics-Beta-Driver-15-45-

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

I have just installed the Beta Driver you referenced and I will update this thread when I have new information.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello

Well, sorry to say that the Audio was lost on only the second song I played.

Disabling / Enabling Exclusive Mode restored the Audio.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello

After more investigation into this over the last few days it seems that the issue is with the Plex Media Player as confirmed by using a different player.

This issue can be closed.

Thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos