1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2017 5:40 PM by Intel Corporation

Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?

bchalder

Hello,

I have a PC with Intel Desktop Board DH55HC. I want to use 16GB RAM for the Intel Desktop Board DH55HC.

Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?

Is Corsair 16GB (4x4GB) 1333MHz / DDR3 / CL9 (CMX16GX3M4A1333C9) supported by my desktop board ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello bchalder,

In regard to your concern.

By the technical specifications by Intel® Desktop Board DH55HC, I was able to confirm that it is compatible with DDR3, 16GB, dual channel memories. You can double check at the following link:

Intel® Desktop Board DH55HC

Although, the Corsair CMX16GX3M4A1333C9, it is not listed under the tested RAMs for your Intel® Desktop Board DH55HC:

System Memory for the Intel® Desktop Board DH55HC

http://www.cmtlabs.com/2012/mbSearchResults.asp?sManuf=Intel&sMem=DDR3&sMN=DH55HC&oSubmit=Search

My suggestion is to try to contact the manufacturer (OEM) of your RAM and confirm with them if they have tested the RAM on our specific boards.

Corsair Technical Support

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
          Angie

• 2. Re: Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?
            N.Scott.Pearson

The Corsair site does not provide very detailed specs on their website. I am concerned by two things:

1. The specs do not detail the organization of the RAM ICs on the DIMMs. In order to be compatible, they *must* have a x8 organization. If this memory turns out to be x16 organized, it is not going to work.
            2. The specs say that the memory was tested at 1.65V. In order to be compatible, the memory *must* operate properly at 1.5V. While it is possible to override the settings in the BIOS so that it can be operated at 1.65V, it must still operate properly at 1.5V during early accesses by the BIOS.

Based upon these two issues, I have my concerns with this memory. It may work, but, to be on the safe side, I would suggest that you continue your search for memory that is more compatible.

...S

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?
              bchalder

Hello,

Thank you very much. I will go for Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G, which is tested for my  CMTL > Search > Tested Motherboard

I will order 4 pic of RAM and I will have 16 GB total memory of my system.

Regards,

Bidhan

• 4. Re: Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

N.Scott.Pearson, thank you for the suggestions.

To: bchalder,

Hello bchalder,

Do not hesitate to reply if you have further concerns, after your test.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
                Angie

• 5. Re: Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?
                  bchalder

Hello,

Happy new year 2017

You may remember I am in a way to update my PC, Desktop Board DH55HC. After your last mail, I decided to buy Intel tested RAM and ordered 4 slat of

KVR1333D3N9/4G, which is tested and commanded to use for Intel DH55HC desktop board.

Today I got my parcel 4 slat of  KVR1333D3N9/4G RAM to update my PC to 16GB RAM. I installed the RAM but the PC didn't boot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I installed 2 slats, to get 8GB(2x4) RAM, again same PC don't boot !!!

Please let me know what can I do?

Regards,

Bidhan

Note: my old RAM KVR1333D3N9/2G is working well, what I did I ordered the same model higher capacity KVR1333D3N9/4G.

REALLY, why it is not working !!!!

• 6. Re: Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?
                    N.Scott.Pearson

By spec, this memory seems to meet the criteria. I suggest that you do the following:

A. Try the following:

1. A single DIMM in socket Channel A DIMM 0 (blue socket closest to processor).
                    2. A single DIMM in socket Channel A DIMM 1 (black socket closest to processor).
                    3. A single DIMM in socket Channel B DIMM 0 (blue socket farthest from processor).
                    4. A single DIMM in socket Channel B DIMM 1 (black socket farthest from processor).

B. If you were successful in all four cases, try the following:

1. Two DIMMs in sockets Channel A DIMM 0 and Channel B DIMM 0 (both blue sockets).
                    2. Two DIMMs in sockets Channel A DIMM 1 and Channel B DIMM 1 (both black sockets).

C. If you were successful in both B cases, try using all four DIMMs.

Yes, I know, some of these tests you already tried. What I want to know is, if you follow this process exactly, where (at which step) does it fail?

If you cannot complete Step A, then these DIMMs must be considered incompatible with your particular board and processor. Usually, if DIMMs are known-compatible but still will not work, there is an issue - such as noise - across the board-processor-memory combination. This can happen with older boards as components age.

Hope this helps; let us know how it goes...

...S

• 7. Re: Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?
                      bchalder

Thank you for your response.

I was trying some of them but all or even not the order as you suggest.

Before getting your reply, I was googling to find some clue, I found some users were successful to boot their pc by resetting the CMOS then add the DRAM [unplug your computer for the power, then remove the cmos battery for 30 seconds, while the battery is removed, press and hold the power switch on the computer, (' its just to drain the capacitors")].

So, I decided to have a try because after trying the new DIMMs, when I come back to use my old RAM ( 2GB Kingston, 2x2 GB ADATA , 2GB Corsair) the PC is not booting, and even not giving any Beeps. I test one by one DIMM and found when i use Kingston 2GB PC is not booting, if I use all of them except kingston pc is working.

After resetting the CMOS then add the new RAMs and I found now my pc is giving one beep  and trying to boot but can not, it is rebooting again and again. Before there was no display on screen ............

You remember my both new and old Kingston RAM have same mode KVR1333D3N9 !!!!!

Please tell me what should I do now? follow your instruction or something new?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

• 8. Re: Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?
                        N.Scott.Pearson

First of all, while the thrust of the suggestion is correct, 30 seconds is not enough time to completely drain the CMOS. I allow 15 minutes. Make sure you have the system unplugged from A/C power at the same time.

Do this and follow my test plan. Tell me where the failures start to occur.

...S

• 9. Re: Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?
                          bchalder

I have followed all your instructions.

1. A. 1. Try Channel A DIMM 0: i. PC make one beep and message that system memory is unmanaged (attachment A11) ii. PC restart itself (attachment A12) and tried to load windows but couldn’t iii. Windows logo comes with two dots and tried to start but couldn’t (attachment A13). PC stayed in this stage nearly 10 minutes then I power off it by pressing the power switch.  When I powered it was restarting again and again …
                          2. A. 2. Try Channel A DIMM 1: i. Normally one beep, open advance boot option (attachment A12) ii. One beep try to boot windows but come with empty blue screen (attachment A21) iii. After 4/5 minutes, I restarted PC by pressing the restart switch iv. PC restarted itself several times v. windows come out with waring (attachment A22) and restarted several times more vi. Then PC tried to load windows and Windows logo comes with two dots (attachment A13)
                          3. A. 3. Try Channel B DIMM 0: i. PC didn’t make any beep to POST ii. No attempt to boot and making noise near Fan & Processor area iii. It was for some minutes then I switched it off. All of this was with another one stick of DIMM, not tested in A.1 and A.2 only one DIMMs out of four was behaving in this way other three was giving the result same as bellow (Channel B DIMM 1)
                          4. A. 4. Try Channel B DIMM 1: i. Normally one beep, open advance boot option (attachment A12) ii. One beep try to boot windows but come with Windows logo with two dots and tried to start but couldn’t (attachment A13)
                          5. B. 1. Try Channel A & B DIMM 0: i. Normally one beep, open advance boot option (attachment A12) ii. One beep try to boot windows but couldn’t and it was restarting again and again
                          6. B. 2. Try Channel A & B DIMM 1: same as above

1. C. Try Channel A & B DIMM 0 & 1: i. PC didn’t make any beep to POST ii. No attempt to boot and making noise near Fan & Processor area iii. It was for some minutes then I switched it off

Note: - my old Kinston 2GB: i. PC didn’t make any beep to POST ii. No attempt to boot and making noise near Fan & Processor area

Now I am can’t use even my old Kingston 2GB DIMM, I am using my pc without that RAM stick. Very SAD, I FEEL!!!!!!

I bought these four sticks of DIMMs from eBay UK, and before I bought another two sticks of DIMMs from Amazon USA. The RAMs (KVR13N9S8/4) from USA behaving the same way as DIMMs from eBay UK.

Please give me some advice what to do next? I am very much depending on your opinions.

• 10. Re: Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?
                            bchalder

A11.jpg

attachment A11

A12.jpg

attachment A12

A13.jpg

attachment A13

A21.jpg

attachment A21

A22.jpg

attachment A22

• 11. Re: Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?
                              N.Scott.Pearson

No, that's an indication that the Management Engine (ME) is being unconfigured. I hate to say it, but it feels like you somehow damaged the board during this whole process - that or you received a bad DIMM and it did something to the board...

...S

• 12. Re: Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?
                                bchalder

Hello Scott.

Management Engine (ME) is being reconfigured 

“Management Engine (ME) configuration in process”. The message was displayed only the first time when I installed the BAD DIMMs, after all the reboot time PC didn’t show any other error message.

I was handling the process very careful, but the DIMMs surly made something wrong with the BIOS, because after the process my old DIMMs with same model is not supporting.

It seems the BIOS has created resistance not to support Kingston KVR1333D3N9 !!!

Anyway, how can I test whether there is any permanent damage in the motherboard (MOBO)?

If I update the system BIOS will it help to get rid of the system damage to MOBO?

Please let me to know whether I can do something else.

Regards,

Bidhan

• 13. Re: Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?
                                  N.Scott.Pearson

Bidhan,

Do a CMOS reset (i.e. power off, unplug from A/C, remove CR2032 battery from board, wait 15 minutes, restore battery and plug system back in) and see if this gets it going again (with the old memory). If it does - and before you try putting the new memory back in again - make sure that you are running the latest available BIOS (so you have latest available Memory Reference Code). Best practice, if you have run into problems like this, is to install (or reinstall, as the case may be) the latest BIOS using the Recovery Method (documented here: Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions).

I can't say for sure that your board (or processor) is damaged; we will see as we go further along in this process. I want you to understand up front, however, that if there is any damage, this is physical damage and you cannot just "get rid of it". If the board is damaged, you replace the board. If the processor is damaged, you replace the processor. I also want you to understand that boards that are as old as this one is can be very fragile things. Just the flexing of the board as you plug in and remove the memory DIMMs could cause damage. The pins in the DIMM sockets can be weakened over time (lose their spring) and, just from the process of removing and installing DIMMs, you could see pins that do not make good contact anymore. As well, the older the board, the more it is susceptible it can be to static damage. Bottom line, no matter how careful you are, things can and do go wrong. I am an expert and yet I have had boards fail in processes like this, never to work again.

...S

• 14. Re: Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatable with Desktop Board DH55HC?
                                    bchalder

Hello Scott,

Thank you very much for your time and passion.

Finally I have succeeded to update my PC. 

I have done reset of CMOS, first attempt it didn't work but in second it was perfect. Now my old RAM is supporting like before.

I have updated the BIOS too.

Previously the SMBIOS BIOS Version was TCIBX10H.86A.0027.2009.1119.1517 and new one is  TCIBX10H.86A.0048.2011.1206.1342.

And I have got the answer of my opening question: Does CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 RAM is compatible with Desktop Board DH55HC? the answer is YES.

I didn't use that faulty Kingston RAMs anymore, I bought new CMX16GX3M4A1333C9 DIMMs from local market.

Thank you again,

Bidhan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                    1 2 Previous Next