4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2017 1:45 PM by Intel Corporation

On-board Intel Graphics 2000 with Windows 7 x64 loses its resolution.

n4J6VEvu

Dell Optiplex 390 with an on-board Intel graphics 2000 adapter was recently rebuilt with Windows 7 x64. All Microsoft patches and updates have been applied. I initially used the Dell Video driver from support.dell.com. (9.17.10.3040). This system is connected via a VGA analog connection to a Dell P190S monitor. The recommended resolution for this device is 1280x1024.

All went well until you reboot the system a couple of times. I eventually lose the video resolution and it resets to 1366x768. Resolution is grayed out and the display shows Display device on VGA. All icons are oblong including the Dell splash screen logo when the system boots.

So I downloaded the latest video drivers from the Intel site (9.17.10.4229) and get the same results. Video settings are correct until you reboot. The same events occur with 9.17.10.4101.

I removed the Intel install from program and features and the display adapter from device manager and rerun the Intel install. It doesn't matter which version as it will resolve the issue until you reboot, maybe the next time, certainly within 3 or 4 times.

System BIOS has been flashed to the latest version (A11).

Dxdiag shows no problems

I would appreciate any feedback in resolving this annoying behavior.

Regards.