Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Cant Install intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718

HOlse
Novice

I've got Surface Pro 4 with i7 and Iris 540 +USB 3.0 I bought the Razer Stargazer and installed Everything Installed OK and the camera worked on its own and with some 3rd party apps like Personify Presenter and XSplit etc but I had some excess graininess in the image. So Uninstalled everything and deleted the the residual folders in the /program and / program data directories in hopes of getting a clean install and solving the image issues but now I cannot reinstall the Depth Camera Manager intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718 - it just continues to fail,saying no camera can be found on the system even though it clearly shows up in the device manager …

I've attached some screenshots ….. I've cleaned my registries and everything, but something's gone sideways which is preventing the dcm from installing. Can you help?

3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi HowardOlsen,

Thank you for contacting us.

First, it's important to check that your system meets the requirements needed to use the SR300. You can see the camera's requirements here http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/000020964.html . Make sure your system checks with all the system requirements.

The DCM version you're using is the one that's available to download from the download site so everything good with that.

You mentioned that you uninstalled everything and then attempted to get a clean install. Could you be more specific with what you uninstalled? When trying to install a DCM you need to uninstall all previous DCMs and make sure that the USB drivers are properly configured and detecting other USB devices. The USB 3.0 interface must be connected to a dedicated USB3 port within the client system (do not use a hub).

Let us know your results.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
HOlse
Novice

Thanks Sergio

I've got everything working now. I had to wipe my Win 10 System Clean - I did a full reset and started over. Now its very good. I had originally installed the DCM but had image quality issues so I uninstalled it in hopes of getting a new clean installation - and thats when the trouble started. It wouldnt reinstall and could not detect the camera. Reverting to a clean system was a pain - but it did the trick.

I'm on an MS Surface Pro 4 with a Core i7 6650U / 8GB Ram / Iris 540 Graphics and USB 3.0

I still cant figure out why I couldnt (re)-install in the first place, but it's fixed now.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Howard,

Thank you for letting us know you managed to resolve this issue. Don't hesitate to contact us again if help is needed.

-Sergio

0 Kudos