10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2017 3:00 PM by Intel Corporation

Hi Guys,

RicardoMarrie

I have an INTEL NUC model NUC5i5RYH that losses connectivity to the M.2 SATA. I have upgraded the BIOS to the latest. I tried a new unit and i have tried different M.2 SATA cards. Does anyone have the solution or had this issue

• 1. Re: Hi Guys,
          N.Scott.Pearson

You are saying that you've tested two different RY NUCs with two different M.2 SATA SSDs? Were these SSDs the same make and model? If so, I would try a different make and model -- and please provide us with the make and model information for the original one so that we too can avoid purchasing it. If you are looking for recommendations on a replacement, see Tested Peripherals for Intel NUC NUC5i3RY/NUC5i5RY/NUC5i7RY.

Hope this helps,

...S

• 2. Re: Hi Guys,
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi,

If you tried a new unit with the same M.2 and the issue is the same then most likely there is a compatibility problem with the M.2 and the Intel® NUC.

Have you tried different M.2 model as N. Scott Pearson mentions above?

Regards,

Ivan.

• 3. Re: Hi Guys,
              RicardoMarrie

Hi Guys

Thanks for coming back to me, the M.2 are two different manufacturers, SAMSUNG 256Gb and ADATA 128Gb.

Appreciate the help guys

• 4. Re: Hi Guys,
                RicardoMarrie

It appears both are not on the tested list.

SAMSUNG 256GB MZ-NLN2560, ADATA SP900NS38.

I will try and get one from the tested list and take it from there. Thanks once again guys.

• 5. Re: Hi Guys,
                  N.Scott.Pearson

The Samsung MZ-NLN2560 is part of the PM871 line and, while it is not on Intel's list of tested drives, many folks have reported good success using these drives. I have no information regarding the AData drive, however. Regardless, both are M.2 F/F SATA SSDs and should be compatible.

Please provide us with more information on the failure scenarios. What memory do you have installed? What O/S do have you installed (or were installing)? What were you doing when the failure occurred? Were you changing or had recently changed the hardware in any way? What happens if you immediately reboot the system? Anything else you can think of regarding the issue?

...S

• 6. Re: Hi Guys,
                    Intel Corporation

Try to contact Samsung for a Firmware update on the M.2 Drives; I think they have Samsung magician software for firmware upgrade.

• 7. Re: Hi Guys,
                      Intel Corporation

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.

• 8. Re: Hi Guys,
                        RicardoMarrie

Good Day Gentlemen

The issue was not resolved, i have however given client an INTEL 2,5" SSD as a workaround. i am only back in the office the 3rd then will continue the testing. Thanks for all the help and patience. All the best for the new year. I will come back to you guys on Tuesday.

• 9. Re: Hi Guys,
                          Intel Corporation

Thanks RicardoMarrie, at this point I suggest getting a M.2 from the compatibility a list if it is possible if the problem persists please remember that Intel provides three years warranty for the Intel® NUC and if you need warranty for the unit we can always help you with it.

Best wishes,

Ivan.

• 10. Re: Hi Guys,
                            Intel Corporation

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.