3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2016 2:16 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

Bluetooth not working on a NUC5i7RYH Core i7-5557U

TJude

Windows recently did an 'upgrade' and I find my BT Keyboard no longer works.  Also see that the BT icon in Device Manager is no longer there, but it is in the BIOS.  I don't use WiFi on this machine, but I do see that it sees APs, so I'm sure it's working and it does show up in DM.  There is a failed driver in Device Manager under USB Controllers called "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" with the following events:

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&2cb2f022&0&7 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: usb.inf

Class Guid: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}

Service:

Lower Filters:

Upper Filters:

Problem: 0x2B

Problem Status: 0x0

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&2cb2f022&0&7 was configured.

Driver Name: usb.inf

Driver Date: 06/21/2006

Driver Version: 10.0.14393.0

Driver Provider: Microsoft

Driver Section: BADDEVICE.Dev.NT

Driver Rank: 0xFF0000

Matching Device Id: USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE

Outranked Drivers: usb.inf:USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE:00FF2000

Device Updated: false

Parent Device: USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&2dec54a9&0&0

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&2cb2f022&0&7 could not be migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_8087&PID_0024\5&1ACB7FA2&0&1

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF100

Present: false

Thank you for your help!

• 1. Re: Bluetooth not working on a NUC5i7RYH Core i7-5557U
          N.Scott.Pearson

Microsoft's O/S upgrade engine is chock full of bugs and sometimes deletes required files from drivers and applications. Unfortunately, the latest release (the Anniversary Update, build 1607) installs as an O/S upgrade, not as an update, so we suffer as a result.

My suggestion is, if you want to be absolutely sure of the integrity of everything, you should download and reinstall all necessary driver packages for your NUC. You cannot use the Intel Driver Update Utility for this; it does not support refresh. You need to download the latest driver packages from here: Downloads for Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i7RYH and then manually install then. In the case of Bluetooth and Wireless, I recommend that you uninstall the existing versions, reboot and then install the latest versions.

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. The Bluetooth component *is* a USB device.

• 2. Re: Bluetooth not working on a NUC5i7RYH Core i7-5557U
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

N.Scott.Pearson, your help it is always appreciated.

To: T. Jude

Hello T.Jude,

In regard to your concern, as Scott recommendation, please try to do an installation of the drivers for your Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i7RYH:

Downloads for Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i7RYH

Also, please follow the driver installation order that you will find at the following link:

Driver Install Order

***it is not on the link, however; after the Chipset driver, please do not forget to install the Intel® Management Engine Driver if it is available for your operating system.

Please let me know how it goes in order to further assist you if required.

Best regards,
            Angie

• 3. Re: Bluetooth not working on a NUC5i7RYH Core i7-5557U
              N.Scott.Pearson

I will add something to Angie's comments: In addition to the install order not mattering for the driver packages, you DO NOT need to perform a reboot after installing each driver package, even if they are asking for one. I *always* say no when they ask for a reboot. Only one single reboot is necessary and this doesn't need to happen until after you have installed all of the driver packages necessary.

...S