2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2010 8:48 AM by nox

General questions, ICH10R

aaa88

Hello, i just got myself 6x 1,5TB WD discs, and now i'm trying to build my first raid 5 with ICH10R on Win XP x64. I installed the drivers that came with the motherboard CD, and its version 8.0 of Matrix Storage Manager. I was thinking of upgrading the drivers, but do i then have to build the raid discs again from scratch, and loose data on them?

I started building the raid discs two days ago, and now after 36+ hours it has only reached 68% initializing. Is it normally this slow?

• 1. Re: General questions, ICH10R
          nox

I just upgraded from an old version of IMSM to the new Intel Rapid Storage Technology 9.5.

Running raid 1 on my W7 boot drive, this process was seamless. The installer automatically uninstalled IMSM, rebooted, W7 updated some configuration, and it's done.

• 2. Re: General questions, ICH10R
            nox

I ended up downgrading as I had serious stability issues on the new driver.

Seems specific to the WD15EARS hard drives I had in the array as both brand-new drives ended up reporting a smart event which is extremely unlikely. My older drives were fine.