Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14615 Discussions

Xeon E5-2600 v4 AVX base and turbo frequency

VVale2
Beginner

Hello . i have two xeons e5-2660v4 and Asus Z10PE-D* ws motherboard. When i use V-ray or Cinebench all the cores full load and works on 2.5 mhz and when i use Coronarender all the cores full load but work only on 2.1 mhz ! I think it because Coronarender use avx and V-ray dont? Is there any possibility to make all the cores work on 2.5 mhz in Coronarender?? May be i should turn on or off in BIOS to makes it works??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Valera,

These two values will be reached whenever the task needs it, your processor will behave has the app requires it. As you mentioned, it's possible that one of the apps requires all the resources, but the other won't.

For further reference visit; http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/109350 Valera, hope the information posted above helped you.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
VVale2
Beginner

Unfortunately the above information has not helped me, I did not understand why the AVX frequency on my e5 2660 is lower than not AVX frequency .I know that for a single-processor Broadwell-e systems there is AVX Instruction Core Ratio Offset in the bios ....may be on motherboard AVX Instruction Core Ratio Offset is Negative in defaults ?? I have another system with two xeons e5-2683v3 and its have same AVX/NON AVX frequency in render!!!!The question is why in my e5-2660v4 AVX and NON AVX requencys are diffrent ????? Thank you very much for your answers!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I apologize if the information above did not help you.

The documentation provided is the pieces of information that can be found through our support channel. There is a more appropriate place for you to get more answers in regard to Intel® AVX, and that place is the Intel® Developer Zone specifically the Intel ISA Extensions forum support which you can access here https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-isa-extensions Intel ISA Extensions.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos