Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300 Win10 x64 - Cannot install intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718

CChri12
Beginner

Hello,

I have a slightly older PC now, but still fairly decent, however it does not have USB 3.0 ports... only 2.0

Anyway, it's Win10 Professional x64 and i cannot install the drivers for the SR300 real-sense camera...

I get through "Welcome", "License" and then at "Options" it fails with the error message: "The installer failed to detect an Intel RealSense 3D camera on this system. The installation was terminated."

Outside of the wizard, I have only a "BlasterX Senz3D VF0810" Device in my device manager that has the error "This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed} "The requested operation was unsuccessful".

Hardware IDs for this device are: USB\VID_041E&PID_409B&REV_1000&MI_00

USB\VID_041E&PID_409B&MI_00

Device instance path: USB\VID_041E&PID_409B&MI_00\7&2B88CA0F&0&0000

Would really like to use the...particularly expensive.. webcam i purchased solely for Windows Hello... : / Any assistance most welcome.

Anyone know if the device is backwards compatible with USB 2.0? I'm thinking perhaps that is the reason why it's not working?

0 Kudos
19 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Chris,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® RealSense™ Technology.

As you mentioned in your post, the reason your installation process is not working is because you need a USB 3.0 port to connect your camera. Keep in mind that the use of any type of USB hub is not supported.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
CChri12
Beginner

bugger...would a pci express USB 3.0 extension card work? any recommended models?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Chris,

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend any particular model since the camera was not designed with a PCI express USB 3.0 extension card in mind.

I did some research but couldn't find a thread that shows a successful implementation of a PCI express USB 3.0 extension card with a SR300 RealSense camera.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Chris,

I'm sorry for the late reply.

I understand your device is detected by the Device Manager but not by the Windows Hello software.

Could you please tell me if you are following this link ( http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/000016725.html) in order to set your camera with the software?

Please go through previous steps and let me know if an error arises.

The latest DCM has the needed drivers in order to make your camera work with Windows Hello.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Chris,

I was wondering if you had the chance to try the suggestion provided.

Regards,

Andres

0 Kudos
FCast3
Beginner

doesn't work

0 Kudos
FCast3
Beginner

Wasting my time trying to fix the incompatibility of RS300 and window 10, product should not be in the marked if it's not working,

0 Kudos
HOlse
Novice

Hi,

I've got a similar problem. I've got Surface Pro 4 with i7 and Iris 540 +USB 3.0 I bought the Razer Stargazer and installed Everything Installed OK

/message/440874# 440874 intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718

Everything Installed OK the first time including the Razer Synapse app but I had some excess graininess in the image. So Uninstalled everything and deleted the the residual folders in the /program and / program data directories but now I cannot install the Depth Camera Manager - it just continues to fail,saying no camera can be found on the system even though it clearly shows up in the device manager … I've attached some screenshots ….. perhaps your tech guys have an insight. I've cleaned my registries and everything, but something's gone sideways. Can you help?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello HowardOlsen,

Thank you for the information provided.

There is some troubleshooting we can try. Uninstall the DCM (Depth Camera Manager) through Program and Features (Control Panel >> Programs >> Programs and Features), then reinstall de DSM ( https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager) with the camera plugged.

If the previous process doesn't solve the issue, please collect all the installation logs (from the DCM installation) from these directories and send them to us, they could provide additional information that may help us solve the issue:

• %temp%\micl_tmp_%username%

• %windir%\Temp\micl_tmp_SYSTEM

• %windir%\INF\setupapi.*

%temp% is typically, "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp."

%windir% is typically "C:\Windows".

Regards,

Andres

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I thought I'd address a few of the points in this discussion thread.

* USB 3.0 is definitely required for RealSense cameras. The probability is that a PC that lacks USB 3.0 ports is going to have a processor that is too old to run RealSense except for the most basic functions such as RGB video and processing raw camera data.

* If you have a modern desktop machine that has USB problems, you can indeed add a USB 3.0 PCI Express expansion card.

In answer to Arker's question about recommended models ... any one that has the additional 5v molex pins on is likely to be a good buy. I myself have successfully used an Anker model with a F200 RealSense camera in the past.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker%C2%AE-Uspeed-Express-Connector-another/dp/B007SJGGAE/ref=pd_sbs_147_2?_encoding=UTF8 Anker® Uspeed PCI-E to USB 3.0 2-Port Express Card: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

* Adding USB 3.0 to laptops is more problematic, since you obviously cannot open the case and put a full size expansion board in. There have been USB 3.0 external expansion cards for older laptops though. If you have a laptop, a laptop can have USB 3.0 added to it via an external plug-in expansion called an Expresscard if your laptop has a connector that can have an Expresscard inserted into it. Search sites such as Amazon for 'usb 3.0 expresscard'.

* Regarding USB hubs not working with RealSense, this is not always the case. It is true that USB hubs that plug into the computer and draw power from the USB port (known as 'passive' hubs) do not work. Many people have successfully powered F200 cameras with mains-powered ('active') hubs that plug into a wall power socket though. I do not know whether this has changed for SR-300 cameras.

* Windows Hello and RealSense cameras have not been working properly in Windows 10 Insider Preview builds in recent times. In one of the latest builds though in the past week, Build 15019, the camera has started working again for some people, though the Windows Hello issue does not seem to be completely resolved. Hopefully that too will be fixed soon in an upcoming build. If you are using a Windows Insider build and have been having problems, I recommend updating to the current build to see if your camera problems are fixed.

0 Kudos
FCast3
Beginner

The camera is integrated inside HP Omen, nothing to do with external USB port. since I installe the window update Windows 10 Version 1607 para sistemas basados en x64 (KB3199986) teh 28/12/2017 , same day camera started to fail, Microsoft guys, feature not available, comming son. Esto es un levantamiento de camisa (o tomadura de pelo), The patience has a limit.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you are using an integrated RealSense camera, it's usually a good idea to download the manufacturer's own camera drivers for your model from their support website instead of using the normal RealSense drivers provided by Intel, since a manufacturer's particular implementation of the camera inside their machine can sometimes have differences that render it incompatible with the normal generic drivers.

In the case of your model, if you put your model number into this website then you should hopefully find the camera driver for your model, and you may have more luck with that.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello f6c0,

I was wondering if you had the chance to try MartyG's suggestion.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
FCast3
Beginner

Yes I try and fail again, and again and again!!!!!

there is nobody that can help me to fix the incompatibility inside the HP omen, with Windows 10 and the camera SR300?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

f6co, the KB3199986 update that your camera's failure coincided with caused failures on the computer for other people too. It caused huge problems because the update could not be uninstalled and so people were stuck with the faults the update had caused. Even worse, it can stop the PC from downloading new updates that could fix the problem. So it looks as though it was not the camera's fault on this occasion.

http://windowsreport.com/windows-10-kb3199986-bugs/ KB3199986 brings a slew of issues: install fails, audio bugs and more

The site below offers some ways in which the problem may be fixed, though they are all complicated.

http://www.easeus.com/computer-instruction/fix-windows-10-kb3197954-kb3199986-fail-to-install-error.html Fixed: Windows 10 KB3197954/KB3199986 Fail to Install with Repeated Attempts – EaseUS

Edit: there may be some less complicated ways of fixing it.

1. Type 'system restore' into the 'Type or speak to me' box at the bottom of your Windows screen to find the Windows Restore application. If your computer has had Restore activated then it will have been saving backups of your computer when new updates were installed, and you may be able to go back to a restore point just before the date that the update that broke your PC was installed. This only works if System Restore was activated before the date that the problem happened though.

2. Or, Microsoft's website has a user-contributed tool that resets the update system of Windows and forces it to download new updates to fix problems.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Reset-Windows-Update-Agent-d824badc/view/Discussions# content Q and A - Script Reset Windows Update Agent

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello f6co,

I was wondering if you had the chance to try the suggestion provided by MartyG.

Please keep in mind that, as MartyG kindly pointed out, issues related to integrated cameras should be handled by the manufacturer.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
GGian3
Beginner

I am having a similar problem now here in May 2017 with the latest builds from MS (Windows 10 Enterprise build 1703 with Inside Preview either Release Preview or FAST track).

I have a Razer Stargazer installed in USB 3.0 port, all Razer software drivers installed and run, the device is recognized by Windows as follows. But Intel SR300 software fails to recognize it when installing the 3D camera depth manager. Therefore Windows Hello fails to see a compatible device. Intel, can you please fix your software for these 3rd party intel products?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Edit: Intel support staff member Jesus G has advised me to point people affected by the update to the page below.

0 Kudos
JXian6
Beginner

I met this problem yesterday too, and I found I install something which is not compatibility. Maybe you need check what you intalled lately. please forgive my bad english.

0 Kudos