Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Monitor LG27UD58 connected on Display Port at Intel HD 530 does not wake, or start normally

idata
Employee

I have Z170A M7 motherboard that has integrated Intel HD 530 Graphics with Display Port and HDMI, also a PCI-E Nvidia GTX 970 graphics card.

Problem is that my monitor LG27UD58 does not wake up from sleep normally when connected to Intel HD 530 Display Port, it just keeps flashing "No signal," and retries several times, messing the desktop windows each time I wake the computer. It starts working if I fiddle with the power buttons on the monitor, but it's too late then it has already messed up the windows.

I also have another 4K display: XB271HK if I try that one to HD 530 Display Port, it works just fine, resumes from a sleep without problems. I have also verified that the problem is most likely with HD 530 drivers, since the LG27UD58 resumes from a sleep when connected to my GTX 970.

I'm fairly certain that the problem is in HD 530 drivers, since it works with some monitors and not with others.

Thanks.

Edit: I have also updated the mainboard bios to latest version. It didn't help.

Edit: Only way it wakes up from a sleep normally is pressing the monitor button just before wake up event. It's a bit of a hassle but what can you do.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Ciantic,

Could you please let us know the driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My drivers are: 21.20.16.4552 (2016-11-23)

I have also updated my motherboard BIOS to latest 1.G (2016-10-18).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for that information.

You mentioned that the issue seems to be related with the Intel® HD Graphics 530 drivers, I just want to check; have you tried with the video driver from MSI? If you haven't, please give it a try. See here for the driver; https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z170A-GAMING-M7.html# down-driver&Win10 64, I recommend installing the System & Chipset Drivers from the same link. One more thing, make sure that your TV is running the latest firmware available.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/109269 Ciantic, were you able to test the driver from MSI? Does the issue persist?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Unfortunately I had the MSI drivers originally, I tried the drivers from Intel only after I figured the ones provided by the MSI didn't work.

However since my last post I decided to purchase a new graphics card with three Display Ports, so I can plug the LG to same card as the other monitor. There is no issues when it's connected to GTX 1070.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I apologize for the inconvenience.

I am glad to hear that you were able to find a resolution to this matter, and if there is something else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos