Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Why my log is spammed by this message : Netwtw04

FGara
Beginner

Notpad Asus : X510UWK

wireless : Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

driver intel : 19.20.3.4

My log is spammed by Netwtw04 message.

This does'not happen at home with my wifi box but at school wifi access.

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
14 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Fga33,

We checked about this message, and it can be shown under different circumstances, we would like to obtain some additional information about the issue and the environment in order to provide accurate recommendations:

- Do you have any connectivity issues, or any problem aside from the informational events?

- What type of authentication and security does the network use? (enterprise, certificates, cisco 802.1x, etc.)

- When did the issue start? Were there any changes made in the environment around the time this started?

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, connect to the network, run the tool and use it to create a report with all sections, then use the option to Save the log; add your reply to this thread and use the Advanced editor options to attach the resulting XML file to your post.

Regards,

Jonathan
0 Kudos
FGara
Beginner

Thank for help.

1) - Do you have any connectivity issues, or any problem aside from the informational events?

At home, no problem. I get this message once when i turn wifi off/on. (WPA/WPA2 PSK 2,4g hz)

At school, it's not easy to get connectivity and the message log rise very often; (Sécurity WPA/WAP2 PSK)

2) What type of authentication and security does the network use? (enterprise, certificates, cisco 802.1x, etc.)

At home cable network, at school dsl network.

3) When did the issue start? Were there any changes made in the environment around the time this started?

I can't answer, sorry.

0 Kudos
FGara
Beginner

<?xml version="1.0"?>

12/14/2016

00:00:25.4215241

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=HD+Graphics+620" />

<Setting id="Stat...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Fga33,

We reviewed the logs and would like to recommend a clean installation of the wireless driver:

1. Download https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26465/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=86068 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 [19.20.3]

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older wireless driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Remove temporary files: Press the Windows Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe. Press OK. Select the main drive, usually C:\. Check Temporary Files and uncheck everything else. Press OK.

6. Install the Intel Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all driver components.

After that, please go the Advanced Driver Properties of the AC 8260, from Device Manager, and apply the following:

- Largeur de canal 802.11n - 2,4 GHz: 20 MHZ only

- Mode HT: Mode HT

- Agressivité de l'itinérance: 1. Lowest

Also, go to the Power options of your laptop, in the Advanced Settings for your Power Plan, and make sure that the Wireless Adapter is set to work at "Maximum Performance" when plugged in and on battery.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Fga33,

We haven't seen any updates since our last post. Let us know in case you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
FGara
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks for help. At home i have no problem.

I will be able to answer you in early January.

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Fga33,

Please proceed with the actions recommended and let us know if they helped. If you consider that it will take more than 1-2 weeks, let us know so you can do this at your convenience, in this case, we would stop replying/following up this thread until you provide any updates.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Fga33,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you.

We understand you're currently on break and won't be able to troubleshoot from home. Once you're able to provide the results, we will get notified and continue assisting you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
FGara
Beginner

Hello,

At home i have no problem.

At school i get message (see attach file)

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Fga33,

Please make sure you applied our previous recommendation, this change in the advanced driver properties may help:

- Largeur de canal 802.11n - 2,4 GHz: 20 MHZ only

Also, try enabling FIPS for this wireless connection. Other users reported that this helped in an https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/wireless-connection-is-always-set-to-limited/6dcd5c42-c29c-444d-aba7-6fbf04d8ef9c external thread from Microsoft* support.

Note: External links are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

It is worth to mention that this can be caused by the access points, as they may not be fully compatible with newer wireless adapters such as the AC8260; especially considering that the adapter works well in other networks.

If the issue persists at this point, we would advise you to check with the IT administrator at school. In this type of case it is good to update the firmware on the access points and review their configuration.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Fga33,

We haven't seen any updates for this thread since our last message. Please let us know in case you require additional assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
FGara
Beginner

Hello,

It seems that in some situations the driver does not behave correctly and generates an exessive number of information message.

At home no problem.

At school, i get one message per second !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Fga33,

Please keep in mind that this is an informational message, related to failure in a Verification operation. As we mentioned before, it is recommended to check on the Access Point/Router, for firmware updates, or other configuration that may be causing the events; we performed some research about Event ID 5060 and some users have been able to resolve it by changing the Wireless channel, Network mode (b,g, n, ac), or Channel Width in the access point.

If you are losing connection, we strongly advise you to contact the IT admin at your school about this, considering that we have tried multiple troubleshooting actions, and as you mentioned, the adapter works well with other other networks.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
FGara
Beginner

Hello,

OK i understand, you can close this tread.

Thanks for help

0 Kudos