Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Samsung NP500R5L Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 No longer connects to wifi

ZHern
Beginner

Hello, I have reviewed many threads in this forum, but no ones case seemed to have been resolved. And I am unsure if it is separate due to manufacterers etc. The internet has been working fine for the past month or so since I purchased this laptop, no issues until two days ago. Just shut down and closed my laptop as normal, and then the next time I turn it back on, the wifi adapter was not showing. Only the monitor icon with an "X" beneath it. In the "Change Adapter Settings" the wireless adapter said it was on and not connected, and the device manager could still see it. But it was not visible anywhere else, or the network connections as well.

So, I rebooted, nothing. I updated driver, the wireless icon showed briefly, then returned to the monitor, where it didn't show up anywhere other than those two areas explained before. Looked up similar problems on the internet, not much help. Uninstalled drivers, roll back drivers, I turned off the suggestion for Power Management, and it worked briefly! But soon after disconnecting, it would no longer show up again. Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers again, and then performed a repair with the latest driver. I even updated my BIO and other elements of the laptop. NOTHING! Has improved, in three days nothing has worked. I need this laptop for work, and all this happening is really causing problems.

My virus scan hasn't picked up any foreign elements in the system either, so I am confused how my wireless adapter is there but not at the same time. Below I have attached the specs according to the Intel Utilities software.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello keitoji,

We understand you're having issues connecting to wireless networks through your http://ark.intel.com/products/86068/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8260 Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, as it is not being displayed properly.

While this adapter was manufactured by us, it's important to keep in mind that your main resource for support is always your computer manufacturer. The reason behind this is that they may have customized the features of your adapter when it was integrated into your laptop, and the driver will have been modified to match.

In order to better assist you, we would like to have the following information:

1. Which operating system are you using?

2. You mentioned reinstalling the wireless drivers. Did you use our generic drivers, or the drivers provided by your computer manufacturer?

3. Did you toggle the Power Management options in the Device Manager, or under Power Options > Advanced Power Settings?

4. Have you made sure that your wireless radio wasn't accidentally disabled? (FN key + F11 or F12, depending on your key configuration)

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello keitoji,

We are following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you.

Has your issue already been resolved? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos